Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-30-2010, 12:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/335/135

Height: 5'6"

Default got off track--trying again

Well, I kicked off the year with a bang. I lost almost 30 inches and around 15 pounds. I don't know what happened and I'm not going to make excuses but I got off track....really bad. I have put ALL of the weight back on and ALL of the inches back on and have decided enough is enough.

I have been dating an amazing guy for several months. We hit it off from the get go, and it felt great to have someone who could see past the size of me and actually love me for who I am. He has recently brought up the idea of marriage. This was my first kick in the butt to make me really decide that I am going to do this. This forum was amazing the first time around and I plan on checking in several times a day to keep me motivated.

I am around 330 pounds. I plan on going home tonight and checking the scale to see for sure, as i've been avoiding the scale. I hope to get down to 130-140 pounds eventually. I am a size 28/30 in pants and am wearing a 3x-4x shirt, usually 4x so that they don't cling to every roll I have. I know curves are good...but I don't think they mean those kind of curves.

My problem with weight loss is I get bored and discouraged very easily. I am getting the steps moving for bariatric surgery, but my insurance requires so much that surgery won't be for at least a year. In the next year I am going to do everything I can to get myself back into a healthly lifestyle so that if/when I do have the surgery, I will be used to eating small healthy portions, exercising daily, even if it's just a short walk, and all in all taking better care of myself.

I'm hoping to find some awesome support here because without it I know I will never be able to tackle this. Also, I have yahoo messanger if anyone wants to keep in contact. I love having friends to keep me motiviated!
nikki531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:38 PM   #3  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:33 PM   #4  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome and we are glad you are here, please keep us updated on your progress
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #5  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Welcome to 3FC. That is so exciting about the new guy and the possibility of getting married! How motivating is that, right? Sounds like you have your game face on and are ready to do this and we are all hear to support, encourage and help you. I have yahoo messenger as well and would love a support buddy!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #6  
300+ Chick

What I always do and say that each day is a new beginning.. Good luck with your efforts and stay positive!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/*ticker*/123

Height: 5'2"

I am a champ at getting off track, so I also am working on getting on board and stick with it! Good luck and congrats on finding a great guy
AshleighAO is offline   Reply With Quote