Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/214/145

Height: 5'6"

Default In need for some serious motivation and encouragement...

Hi Everyone!

I'm new. And I need some serious support!

I have been struggling with my weight since I was in my early teens. I've been keeping steady at my current weight for the last couple of years, taking off a few pounds and regaining them quickly, but have recently noticed the scale starting to go up...just by a few pounds, but it's not the direction I need it to go in.

I'm so tired of feeling this way and looking the way I do. I'm tired of people telling me how pretty my face is. I know it's meant as a compliment but I just can't take it as one because I see the "hidden" insult behind it.

I just discovered this site and am really hoping that this is just the support I need to finally get to where I want to be after so many years of struggle.

I have tried weight watchers with little success as I have a hard time sticking to something if I don't see immediate results. Sticking to the plan is definitely my downfall and I take complete responsibility in that and need help to figure out a way to keep myself on track even when I'm not seeing changes right away.

Carbs are my weakness and I tend to eat the most and make the worst choices when I'm bored.

Any advice or words of encouragment would be much appreciated. I look forward to reading other people's stories and helping and encouraging you all as I go through this journey...
lynncharlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #2  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome, we are glad you are here. My advise is to start slow, eat healthy foods, cut out all junk including fast food and soda. You will find many here with great advise
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #3  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Welcome to 3FC, I'm very glad that you've joined. Start by making small, gradual changes and ease youself into a new lifestyle...you don't want to get overwhelmed right off the bat. You can do this and we are all here to support you! Good luck!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #4  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #6  
Little Vixen

S/C/G: 247/230.6/120-115

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynncharlene View Post

* I'm so tired of feeling this way and looking the way I do. I'm tired of people telling me how pretty my face is. I know it's meant as a compliment but I just can't take it as one because I see the "hidden" insult behind it.

* Carbs are my weakness and I tend to eat the most and make the worst choices when I'm bored.
Welcome to my world Hun! I have lived most of what should be my better years (from about 21-29) over weight, I have yo-yo-ed and started and stopped soo many diets its a joke! But the story is always the same for me, "You have such a pretty face" or "If only you would lose some weight!" I feel fat, ugly, tired, achy and a trillion other bad things but I am sick of it and I am changing it now. I am 100%, full Italian and I adore my carbs! I miss a huge bowl of regular pasta swimming in sauce, and soo much garlic bread your head would spin(or at least you wouldn't get a date for about a year after the garlic stink wore off LOL) So having a lifestyle change in the nutritional department has been difficult. But I've done it, I am eating better, exercising (despite the fact that I DESPISE doing it) and I am seeing results. When I got on the scale the other day and realized I was down 8 lbs, I nearly cried. You can do it! You will do it!
VicSin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #7  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

First of all...WELCOME you have come to the right place. We all started somewhere near or where you are and we're making progress.

As for your times of boredom you will have to work through those times. It will be difficult at first but if you continue to push past them you will be victorious over those times. This journey is different for each of us but we are able to travel together. SO jump in find a place that you fit and enjoy the journey. There will be good times and bad times. Just don't let a bad choice make you quit. If you eat too many carbs with lunch get back on track at dinner. Read the Goal and Minigoal sections OFTEN, especially when you're bored!! A wealth of encouragement.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #8  
I WILL do it.

S/C/G: 245/231/140

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I just wanted to let you know I am right there with you girl...I could've wrote your exact post!!
Refuse to Give Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

I know exactly how you feel!! I am there myself! I don't know if you will be interested in being email pals or whatever but I myself am looking for someone I can chat with on my goods and bads, someone to help me keep going with their success. I have been saying every day that I want to lose the weight and get healthy but then 2 hrs later i'll forget about it and indulge in something I know I shouldn't then feel guilty afterwards. So with having absolutely no energy to get back up and going all by myself I am seeking someone to go along with me. I weigh more then you do but still willing to chat up your success every steo of the way. If your up for it let me know and I'll give you my email address

Shonna
stcroix06 is offline   Reply With Quote