Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/153/120

Height: 5'2

Default Hello. So happy to find you folks!

Hi,
I'm so happy to find this site! I believe that having support and having the opportunity to support others is just what I need to succeed. I don't know why.. but I know that this is where I want to belong. Real ppl, real lives and honest "been there done that" shared advice. There is something about struggling together that feels more supportive to me than some skinni mini selling me their plan that's guaranteed to work Iv'e wasted so much $ on trial and error. Mostly error .

My story is that I turn 50 in a couple of weeks. I was fairly slender in my younger years, but the last 15 or so years I have gained and misplaced(but not lost because I always find it again) weight. I have a goal to to be Fab instead of Fat as I cruise into my Golden years. They should be golden. I deserve them to be golden! I'm smarter, wiser and more focused than I have ever been. Youth was indeed wasted on me . I'm ready to be fit and happy and so excited about making new friends and sharing the support that we all need and deserve to reach our goals of feeling better about ourselves and our self images.

My goal is to lose 31-35 lbs and keep the weight off from that point. I dont have a set date that I would like to reach my goal. Obviously sooner than later but I want to do it right and have it stick this time. I have been so bad about crash dieting and then ignoring and going back to my bad patterns only to find out I'm even worse off when the weight catches up and keeps rising before I get control again. I'm ready for a lifestyle change intstead of a lifestyle cycle. Thanks for reading. Can't wait to meet everyone!
Fat2Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #2  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Welcome, we are glad you found us and this is a great place for support and ideas. Keep us updated on your progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat2Fab View Post
Hi,
I'm so happy to find this site! I believe that having support and having the opportunity to support others is just what I need to succeed. I don't know why.. but I know that this is where I want to belong. Real ppl, real lives and honest "been there done that" shared advice. There is something about struggling together that feels more supportive to me than some skinni mini selling me their plan that's guaranteed to work Iv'e wasted so much $ on trial and error. Mostly error .

My story is that I turn 50 in a couple of weeks. I was fairly slender in my younger years, but the last 15 or so years I have gained and misplaced(but not lost because I always find it again) weight. I have a goal to to be Fab instead of Fat as I cruise into my Golden years. They should be golden. I deserve them to be golden! I'm smarter, wiser and more focused than I have ever been. Youth was indeed wasted on me . I'm ready to be fit and happy and so excited about making new friends and sharing the support that we all need and deserve to reach our goals of feeling better about ourselves and our self images.

My goal is to lose 31-35 lbs and keep the weight off from that point. I dont have a set date that I would like to reach my goal. Obviously sooner than later but I want to do it right and have it stick this time. I have been so bad about crash dieting and then ignoring and going back to my bad patterns only to find out I'm even worse off when the weight catches up and keeps rising before I get control again. I'm ready for a lifestyle change intstead of a lifestyle cycle. Thanks for reading. Can't wait to meet everyone!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I love your positive attitude. Your height/weight are really close to mine so I "feel your pain". Like you, I am in my forties (at least you are for a few weeks, right) and I can definitely say that the weight doesn't leave you as quickly. I just had a 21 year old tell me he lost 25 pounds this year. I asked how and he said he just started eating healthy...water instead of soda...etc. Still eats out, fast food, pizza, you name it. Ah! The metabolism of youth

I want to get fit like you and I am convinced exercise is key. I look forward to posting with you on this journey.

I just joined about an hour ago and already am loving the atmosphere here.
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #4  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello and welcome.. I could really identify with several things that you said.
This past March was my 60th birthday, so I decided to get myself in better shape starting last year. It has been such a great learning experience and I have really changed my diet so much for the better. Don't let anyone tell you that losing weight later in life is not possible. It may not come off as fast as it used to, but it is doable! Good luck in your healthy goals and we will be here to cheer you on!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 323/294/199

Height: 5 foot 7

HI everyone!!! new to this site and new to herbal magic. I have lost 10 pounds so far. Lost 20 on weight watchers last year. My story is Im 39 going to be a nanny in 6 weeks and was faced by my dr a couple weeks ago with having to begin insulin for my diabetes. I am terrified of the needles and so decided weightloss and exercise is going to be the best for me. So far my blood sugars have done quite nicely and are coming down well. I never started to take the insulin and in three months when I go to see her I want to have results not only weightloss but more importantly my sugars to be more controlled. Tonight Im struggling cause I want to eat like crazy however choosing to type on here instead. Gosh I hope this works. I have alot of medical factors for doing this I have rheumatoid and alot of gastric problems as well. This is no longer a choice for me that I can sit by and hope to make one day. Today is the day and really Im looking for accountability, advice and a place to possibly encourage others as we all struggle to meet our goals.

Anyways enough about me....it was great to read everyones bio's here and know that Im not alone.
gonnabananny2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #7  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #8  

Height: 5ft 2"

Hi Everyone,

I've been on the Herbal Magic program for the past 3 and a half months and have lost just a little over 30 pounds. Was wondering if anyone else was working on the same program....looking for a support group! Just gals to chit-chat to and share goals, weight loss...hopefully not much weight gain

Still learning how to use this website so bear with me!

Hope to talk to someone about their story!

Peg
Peg on a mision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 323/294/199

Height: 5 foot 7

hey Peg, Im working the herbal magic program and also very new to this website, I am trying to find my niche here and am looking for a few girls to chat with to encourage and recieve encouragement as well. 30 lbs is great....Im 10lbs and 3 weeks in.
gonnabananny2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #10  

Height: 5ft 2"

Hi gonnabananny2010,

if your on the Herbal Magic....don't eat a banana (1 whole=2 fruits!) Lol! Well you sound like your off to an amazing start. I'm so happy to chat to someone about their success'. I went in today for my weigh in and im down another 2 pounds....wooohooo! I'm always so happy to go in because I'm so curious to see the numbers.

I was introduced to the program through a co-worker who started in the fall and looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait to get there, but my goal date is in January...hopefully I can make it by December. When is yours? Hope to hear back...
Peggy
Peg on a mision is offline   Reply With Quote