Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/205/160

Height: 5'9"

Default New and in desperate need of motivation

I am hoping to lose about 40-50 pounds, but would be happy with only 30. I have had a hard time staying movitivated on diets that actually make me work at it. I have done the HCG diet before and it was easy since I saw the weight leaving quickly, but of course have gained it back plus some. My husband and I both need to lose weight so hopefully cooking healthier for the family will be welcomed. My schedule is currently chaotic which has lead to most of the weight gain, but I guess we can't use that excuse forever. I finally think I have hit the weight that has made me say that I have to do something about this and do some permanent life changes. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.
KeriG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

Can you tell me what HCG means
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:37 AM   #3  
mpn

Hi and welcome. I would say that before you begin this time make sure you have a clear idea of what you want. Make a list of all the reasons that you want to stay on this diet. Read it every day and add to it as you think of new reasons. Good luck.
mpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Keri

Here at 3FC, we don't support HCG diets because they can be dangerous and the methods used are questionable. I'm glad you are here and looking for a permanent lifestyle change

I think what really worked for me in losing was to change the foods I was eating. I initially used South Beach Diet as a guidelines for my eating habits but then I branched off and developed my own eating habits. I also recommend looking at eating what we call 'whole foods', which basically means non processed, close to nature, etc, etc.

I know it can be overwhelming but if you look around the forums here, you may get an idea of what has worked for others and what may work for you. Remember you can always change along the way so even if you pick one thing to work on, it doesn't mean you are stuck with it forever.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote