Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #1  

Unhappy Jimena Confesses: I'm a real life binge eater

Hi everyone,

I am a real life binge eater. Here's the ugly truth: my diets always start on Mondays. By Thursday, I give up due to stress or depression and that one little piece of chocolate automatically ruins my diet. By Friday I am gorging myself and renders the weekend one agonizing binge eating fest in my dark, lonely apartment. I need help but I will win this battle with my disease.

I am reading so many books about my disease, I am going to counseling and I have enlisted in a 14wk challenge to lose weight and get fit. I know it takes more than that, I need to trust myself around food and fill my voids with something other than food. Please give me your suggestions as I start my journey.

I have a daily blog where I hope to help those who are in the same struggle. It's hard! My God, is it hard. But I am too young and I'll be damned if this disease gets the best of me and claims my life any longer. I will win this. My starting weight: 173.

With Love,
Jimena
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jimena.JPG (7.3 KB, 7 views)
Jimena Confesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #2  
I will make time!!!

First off, Welcome!

You CAN do it. Believe in yourself, and if you have that little peace of chocolate it shouldn't effect your diet in a big way. Best of luck, just stay positive and eat when your hungry don't do anything drastic. I think you need to ease up on yourself and don't get so down on yourself. It is in your power. Look around this sit, you'll find alot of insperation. Baby steps. Don't get disgruntled. Try eating three healthy meals a day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and try to have two snacks thrown in there also. Whole grains, veggs, protien, fruits ect. You can enjoy eating good for you. Do cardio for 30 mins a day plus walking for 30 minutes or so-to start out maybe 3 days a week-and just start it out easy, you'll build up to it. Drink plendy of water. Now go get em'!

Last edited by SnowWolf; 02-21-2010 at 07:59 PM.
SnowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to 3fc's JIMENA ~ I agree with SNOWwolf ~ keep it simple; and forgive yourself if you make a mistake, then just work on your next snack or meal. All is not lost with one extra anything ... just keep on going; remember the LAW OF AVERAGES: over the day or week, things will even out!

If I have one off day, I don't worry about it becuz I know that 6 good days will wipe that out. We have some forums here that I know will interest you too, so take a look around and jump in wherever you like!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote