Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #1  
Lori

S/C/G: (Scale-phobic) ?/?/125

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Newbie seeks friends and support

Hi there! This is my first visit to your website.

I should begin by saying that I'm not a "fat chick." My weight is within the normal and healthful range for my height, but it's too high for my own preferences.

The pounds have been steadily creeping up since the end of summer. But, until last night, I'd been in denial about the extent of my circumstances. Yesterday evening, I had plans to go to a dressy event. I hadn't worn any of my cocktail dresses since some pre-holiday parties during December. When I tried to put on some clothes last night, every item was too snug to wear! Some of my dresses couldn't even make it around and past my hips and butt. I ended up *not* going to the event because I had nothing suitable to wear.

My commitments:

1. No alcohol at whatsoever -- no wine with dinner, no cocktails at parties -- until my clothes fit again. Alcohol is simply too caloric and will sabotage even the most diligent efforts to lose weight.

2. Stick to a healthful but low-calorie diet and record everything that I eat.

3. Go to my health club 5X per week.

Please wish me luck! Your support and encouragement will be so helpful. I'll do the same for other people.

Thank you,
Lori
Primobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #2  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!!! You don't have to be fat to be a chick, you don't even have to be a "chick". It doesn't matter if you have 1lb or 500lbs to loose you have come to the right place for support and encouragement. We have all kinds of chicks here. For some of us it's about our health and for some we want to be smokin' hot and fit in smaller clothes or even want to wear the pants we were wearing last month that are too small today. No matter what, the support and encouragement here is fantastic. You will find this a great place!! By the by, check out the featherweights you may find that a great place to connect but of course check the whole site we are having fun on our individual journey's together.

GOOD LUCK!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #3  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi Lori welcome to 3FC! We have a great section called the Featherweights if you don't have much weight to lose. Join us in there and good luck with your plans.
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #4  
Lori

S/C/G: (Scale-phobic) ?/?/125

Height: 5'7.5"

Thank you for your kind words of welcome. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Primobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/180/135

Height: 5'5

Good luck Lori!
reesespieces14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

good luck with that... losing any weight is a battle for most I think...
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #7  
Mrs Perkins

S/C/G: 181/177/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey "chicks"! I'm new here, too. My biggest problem with losing weight is lack of support. When I go on a diet or try to eat healthier, my husband eats whatever he wants and it's so hard to eat healthy when he is eating what I want to be eating!

I hadn't realized how much weight I had gained because we don't have a scale. I knew I had gained some weight, but just recently I had gone to my parents-in-law's home and when in the bathroom, their scale was taunting me. Now I'm trying to get healthier and lose that weight!
mrsperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Lightbulb dear unsupported:

Sorry to hear that. I bet it's common, my guy still eats whatever and is opposed to me cutting mashed potato, butter, white bread, white pasta, etc... and the candy around here...argh. Yeah, maybe buy your own stash of healthy stuff and hide the unhealthy...or maybe pile it in his personal space and tell him not to show it to you!!

The scale issue, yeah I don't live without one myself but they're good and bad. My new digiscale is less friendly in pounds, and reads E a lot when I Really Am!! standing still... and ya can't read it standing over it!! argh! Ah my kingdom for a erfect scale...
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #9  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good luck!!
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote