Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/188/138

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default Going to get skinny!!

Hello all! My name is Kristy, I am from TX, I am 23 & married (no kids yet). I am a full time student. I have srtuggled with my weight since I got out of high school- I gained the Freshman 50! (wish it was just Freshman 15) I am 188 lbs. & my goal is 138. I joined MRC Thursday & so far I am doing good on my preconditioning. I really need the support & accountability they provide. I am so excited to join this group!! Thank you all!
Anti Gluten Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the forums! You'll find tons of info, motivation and support right here- it's a great place Glad you're here, and you're oging to do GREAT with your goals!
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #3  

welcome! there is great support here! Do you have celiac or are you just avoiding gluten? I am eliminating gluten from my diet.....I can't seem to tolerate breads, cereals, etc. I feel better when I dont eat them! Good luck to you and I hope you reach your goals!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/174/135

Height: 5ft 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Gluten Chick View Post
Hello all! My name is Kristy, I am from TX, I am 23 & married (no kids yet). I am a full time student. I have srtuggled with my weight since I got out of high school- I gained the Freshman 50! (wish it was just Freshman 15) I am 188 lbs. & my goal is 138. I joined MRC Thursday & so far I am doing good on my preconditioning. I really need the support & accountability they provide. I am so excited to join this group!! Thank you all!
Welcome, I am just starting my journey with MRC and weight loss myself...make sure you check out the MRC forum on here if you haven't all ready, I have learned by reading it already and everyone is really great and helping answer any questions.

Best of Luck, we can do this!
WWDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Kristy! You sound a lot like me, as far as age, height, and weight goes. I was up to 186 at one point and am down to 138 now so I know you can do it!! Good luck!
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:04 PM   #6  

HI LeslieLou

Unfortunately I have celiac disease. When I found out & I had to cut gluten out of my diet, I lost 35 lbs. but it has since crept back on me! I think you are being smart by eliminating gluten if you feel better when you don't eat it. I know I do!! Thanks for the support!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #7  

Hello WWDT :

Its funny you say that because I have been going thru all the threads on the MRC forum & reading what you asked & the answers! It has been a great help to me already! Best of luck to you too!! Thank you much! -Kristy
Old 12-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #8  

Hello tonimaroni2 :

That is awesome!!! How did you lose it? Are you doing MRC also? Thank u & congrats on ur loss!!
Old 12-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #9  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Kristy!
Sounds like you're ready to get going and off to a great start with a good plan - the support you need is here.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #10  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Hi Kristy!

Welcome. our starting weights and highest are really similar. WE CAN DO THIS!!! I love this site.... so amazing!!

jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Kristy-
The first twenty pounds was really slow, it was my first years at college being so far from my family, and walking all over campus. But from 166, where I started applying myself was just a combination of TRYING to eat better and walking as much as I can. On the days when I wanted to eat nothing but junk food I just compensated by going for an extra-long walk with the dog. I'm not doing MRC, I'm even sure what that is lol. I'm going to look right now!
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote