Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #1  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Here I go again...

...joining yet another weight loss site. I'm not sure how many places I've joined, only to abandon them without ever posting. I usually feel like I have a hard time fitting in. Even though I know it takes a while to get to know people I rarely get to that point because I can't get myself to be a little outgoing and post. (As an example, this is about the fourth time I've tried to get up the courage to post an introduction here. ) People frighten me but at the same time I love people. It's a frustrating combination.

Anyway, a little about me. I've been overweight all of my life. I've lost a little weight in the past, but I was never very serious about it, and had never been able to stay much under 200. Then after getting married I gained every pound back.

Now I'm down 50 pounds, and have about 30 left until I meet my current goal weight. It took me a year and some months (about five I think?) to get here, because I fell off the wagon so many times. Right now I'm struggling to get on track after teetering back and forth for the last couple months. Thankfully I am learning better habits and haven't completely blown it. Now getting off track is more slowly making progress and then leveling off for a long time.

I think right now my biggest obstacle to overcome is my own negativity. Sometimes I shock even me with the cruel things I can say/think about myself. I would never in a million years say the same things about another person, even someone I intensely dislike. So how can I allow myself to say it about me? I think in some ways it's a subconscious attempt at protecting myself from failure, but in reality it's just keeping me from success.

My "diet" plan is just counting calories and exercising. I'm steadily working on increasing my fitness, and have gone from barely being able to go for a walk each morning to doing (and enjoying) things like step aerobics. I try for at least 30 to 60 minutes of exercise six times a week.

I'm also a bit obsessed with the color pink, need to have music on at all times, and one of my nicknames is bunny (*points at her username*) but you can call me Olivia. I do love chatting and can even be a little silly when I finally get comfortable with someone, so if you want to know anything else about me just ask.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 10-09-2009 at 12:45 PM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/194/125

Height: 5'7

Welcome! And congratulations on losing 50 pounds!
crzymom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Welcome! There's a ton of different topics posted around here and everyone's super, super nice.

Enjoy!
KitgetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/135/133

Welcome to 3FC, Olivia.
LovelyComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Olivia and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Great job on 50 lbs- you can definitely lose 30 more.

I always say slowly but surely is fine- you've lost and kept off 50 and who cares if it took over a year! I've been here about a year (this December) and I've only lost 26 lbs so far- BUT I know they aren't coming back!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #7  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Hi Olivia, aka THEBUNNEH

I'm so glad you joined us here. You will find a ton of info and encouragement here, so don't leave us. You and I are at about the same spot in our journey. I have recently decided to change my goal to 150, so let's finish this together. Congrats on your weight loss!
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/145/135

Default Hi

Welcome Olivia!!
YOu can do it! I don't post a lot either, and this is the 2nd forum I found. This one seems like its much more informative and there are people who have lost weight and maintained! Its really motivating.

My story is similar to yours - I stalled for awhile too after losing 50lb and gained a litte. I had an excuse though!! I moved to Germany last year and my whole routine turned upside down!! But it was a good change - so happy to be here.

But I have to say in Jan09 I finally got back on the wagon - I started eating a lot LOT better - I cut out most processed snacks, cookies, etc (not even my granola bar after lunch) - instead I would have fruit or crackers with cream cheese - real food!. I even stopped drinking DSoda (I was an addict!). And the weight slowly started to drop again. I am lucky though I have a husband who cooks me healthy dinners.

So I weigh myself once a week and track my workouts in an excel spreadsheet. I really don't feel like I workout out THAT much, I try to run 2-3x a week and I do some weight training DVDs, but not like I should. But I do walk a lot! You will be surprised how much walking will do for you!! I am down to goal, but I realize I want to firm up and lose a little more - but I am in size 6!! never in my life have I been here - its crazy.

You can do it too!! ANd like Jillian said on Biggest Loser last week - you have to have specific goals, desires, reasons for losing the weight and keeping off - because when you're faced with choices, you have to be conscious and know why you make the choices you do - because sometimes its hard to resist temptation... but knowing yourself and what you want from life is really an important piece.

So I hope that helps!! GOod luck.. we are all in this together. Love yourself no matter what - big or small. I realize now that I was sooooooo hard on myself when I was bigger, but there was no reason to be, none at all. I used to think people judged me for my weight, but basically I was just miserable with myself and projected those feelings on others. I always felt better when I felt in control of what I was eating and the choices i made.

ok this is getting long!! I don't ever ever post - but I really wanted to say hi!
Good luck!!
Christina
germangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/177/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunneh View Post
...joining yet another weight loss site. I'm not sure how many places I've joined, only to abandon them without ever posting. I usually feel like I have a hard time fitting in. Even though I know it takes a while to get to know people I rarely get to that point because I can't get myself to be a little outgoing and post. (As an example, this is about the fourth time I've tried to get up the courage to post an introduction here. ) People frighten me but at the same time I love people. It's a frustrating combination.

Anyway, a little about me. I've been overweight all of my life. I've lost a little weight in the past, but I was never very serious about it, and had never been able to stay much under 200. Then after getting married I gained every pound back.

Now I'm down 50 pounds, and have about 30 left until I meet my current goal weight. It took me a year and some months (about five I think?) to get here, because I fell off the wagon so many times. Right now I'm struggling to get on track after teetering back and forth for the last couple months. Thankfully I am learning better habits and haven't completely blown it. Now getting off track is more slowly making progress and then leveling off for a long time.

I think right now my biggest obstacle to overcome is my own negativity. Sometimes I shock even me with the cruel things I can say/think about myself. I would never in a million years say the same things about another person, even someone I intensely dislike. So how can I allow myself to say it about me? I think in some ways it's a subconscious attempt at protecting myself from failure, but in reality it's just keeping me from success.

My "diet" plan is just counting calories and exercising. I'm steadily working on increasing my fitness, and have gone from barely being able to go for a walk each morning to doing (and enjoying) things like step aerobics. I try for at least 30 to 60 minutes of exercise six times a week.

I'm also a bit obsessed with the color pink, need to have music on at all times, and one of my nicknames is bunny (*points at her username*) but you can call me Olivia. I do love chatting and can even be a little silly when I finally get comfortable with someone, so if you want to know anything else about me just ask.
Hi Olivia,

Welcome! I'm a newbie too and a bit intimidated by this forum.

Wow you lost 50 lbs! I am very impressed no matter how long it took you. The fact that you stuck to it with excercise and counting calories is amazing. That's what I'm trying to do.

I was one of those girls who could eat anything they wanted and not gain weight (don't hate me ) Until I hit 40 and before I knew it I was buying larger clothes and blaming the fashion industry for changing the sizes. The mirrors in my house are from the waist up so it wasn't until I went into a dressing room to buy a new pair of larger pants did I take a good look at myself-in horror.

I joined Weight Watchers with co-workers who came to our job to conduct weekly meetings. The support of co-workers was very helpful and I lost 11 lbs in 3 months without excercising (something I refused to do-I hate sweating). Then when WW wanted more $$ for the next 3 months I stopped. That was 6 years ago and I have gained 20 lbs since.

I no longer work at the same place so now I am on my own in this venture. It's been 21 days and I have lost 7 lbs with portion control (alot of Healthy Choice meals) and 30-40 minutes of Wii Fit 6 times a day. I could really use some guidance.

I am a positive person by nature, love a good joke, book and lively discussions.
WiiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Olivia, and welcome! I am glad you are joining us! Congratulations on your weight loss so far; that is very impressive.

I have never been one to post on sites like this. I was reluctant, too. But this site is absolutely great and is a huge part of my weight loss program. It would be much harder for me without it.

I wish you the best on the rest of your weight loss journey.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #11  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you joined us. I gotta tell ya - 3FC is different from other weight loss sites. This place has so many fantastic folk! You WILL love it here. You WILL feel like you belong.

on your loss - AWESOME - absolutely AWESOME!

And - you have a GREAT plan - calorie counting and moderate exercise worked perfectly for me - you are one smart chickie! Stick with it and post often!

We just LOVE new folk around here
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #12  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes! I will definitely try to get over my shyness and start posting. =)

I'm having a little bit of trouble sticking to plan this weekend, but I'm trying my best to keep a level head and not listen to the little voice that says to just forget about it this weekend and start again Monday. I know when I do that it turns into next Monday, and then the Monday after. I need to remember that even if I do end up cheating it's better to cheat a tiny bit then to let myself go completely. But sometimes that part of my brain just won't accept logic!

I look forward to seeing you all around the boards. =)
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #13  
yoovie

I LOVE this site, I waste crazy amounts of time here, LOL!

WELCOME!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, it is my first time on here and I love what I have read so far. Everyone seems very friendly, helpful and inspiring! Looking forward to spending time here (away from the kitchen) and to use this website as a tool to help me get through these last 60lbs. Nice to meet you all and thanks to the creators of this site for making it possible.
AviationChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/177/155

Height: 5' 7"

Yesterday was rough! Dropped kids off to their activities, husband went out of town for the day for work and found myself in an empty house with a People magazine, pack of cigarettes, bottle of wine and a refrig. full of food.

I didn't do too much damage to myself but I could have easily.
WiiMom is offline   Reply With Quote