Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #1  
Lau

S/C/G: 113/113/100

Height: 5'4.5

Default Trying to stop!

Hi Ladies! I'm Laura. I don't really have a huge goal like some..I really just want to be 100 lbs, but I'm 113 right now. So 13 lbs is all I need to lose...but I have so much trouble because I binge. I have tried to stop oh so many times! It just doesn't work; so this time I need support. Hope we can all be there for each other!

I'm in high school, so I am not on a diet..I'm just eating healthy, controlling my portions, and working out like crazy!

Last edited by Lau; 07-06-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #2  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I do think you need help with the binge eating. Is it possible that your school or your parents can find you someone to talk to?

I don't think you should be aiming for 100 pounds though. A lot of that depends on age, but if you're older than 15 that weight would be considered too low for you. You can find out a little more here:

http://kidshealth.org/teen/nutrition/weight/bmi.html

Sometimes though, binge eating can be a sign of your body being starved of nutrients. Or that you're not getting enough food for your current activity level. That's why it really is important to talk to your parents or a counsellor at school. Really.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #3  

Height: 4'11"

Hi Laura! Sounds like we are very similar. There is a "Featherweights" forum here for those who have their last pounds to lose, but it's not very active....you will find a lot of support on the forum though! It sounds like you are off to a good start. One thing that concerns me, however, is that your goal weight of 100 lbs seems very low (even I am shooting for 102-104 or so, and I measure 5.5 inches less than you with a small/medium frame). I wouldn't focus so much on a number, but more by how your clothes fit. You don't just want to lose all the fat, either, but build muscle....which "weighs more" (aka is more dense) than fat. So if you ended up at 105 with a lot more muscle that is still great!

Anyways, welcome to 3FC! I hope you find success on your weight loss journey...
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #4  
Lau

Hi Anne! Thank you for your concern!

I've spoken with my parents about my binging. It was caused from stress at school - I would come home exhausted (physically and mentally) since I work really hard. And that led to binging. But since summer started and I don't have school, I don't have as much stress so I don't binge as much. Also, because I was getting little sleep during the school year, I relieved it by eating.
For this coming school year, I'm definitely going to relieve the stress and control it. I'm also getting sleep!

But I definitely each right. My Mom is a diabetic, both my Dad and Brother have high blood pressure, and my Brother is overweight. Plus, my Dad had a liver transplant so our family eats good meals. Actually, for lunch, I had cooked beef, lettuce, rice, and oranges.

My doctor told me that I will be okay at 100. This is a little personal, but I haven't matured body wise so I am not like other girls my age...so I have no weight at my chest or booty.

Hi littlelion! I had to edit this post to get to ya - you got to this thread before me! Thank you so much! I'm glad we are similar! Hmm..maybe I will talk to the doc. the next time I come in. It's almost time for my examination anyhoo!

Last edited by Lau; 07-06-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #5  

Height: 4'11"

Wow, after reading what you wrote I see that we are even more alike! I am in my last year of college now, but when I was in high school (junior/senior year specifically) I made myself so stressed out. Between AP classes, the college selection process, SATs, music lessons, etc., paired with an unhealthy lifestyle, I exhausted myself. I would come home, and instead of having a small snack to curb my hunger until dinner, I would eat a bagel with butter, or cookies, ice cream…then take a nap until 5-6pm just because I was so tired! It is a good thing that you are focusing on getting healthy now, at a young age, because as older women (like my mom) often remind us, our metabolism will slow down greatly as we age, and it becomes THAT much harder to lose weight.

I am glad you talked to your doctor about this; when you are a teenager you have to take special precautions on several levels because your body is still growing.
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #6  
Lau

I bet you anything we were separated at birth!

Next year for me will be hard - I am taking an AP class like you did! (World History) and Trigonometry. I actually skipped a level in math so it's hard hard hard! And I'm definitely not looking forward to college!

My parents are keeping me on the ground - and so am I. I won't let myself drop down too far, no worries!

You are seriously awesome!

Last edited by Lau; 07-06-2009 at 04:27 PM.