Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #1  
Dodo

Red face need advice

Hi my name Doris Anderson I am looking for weight loss ideas ,I also have IBS. I must avoid fresh fruit /c skins,fresh veggies,fat,multi-grains, lettuce, actually everything WW says to eat! I try to eat 'orange' fruits and veggies,like cooked carrots,mangoes,skinned tomatoes,cantaloupe,etc. since I have early macular degeneration.I would be thrilled to lose 30 lbs but that seems like a huge task. I am active and like to bike,walk,rollerblade(weather permitting).I would really appreciate some ideas for healthy snacks. I know the secret to weight loss, eat less,exercise more,I just don't always do it.
Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 138kg/127kg/72kg (304/280/160)

Height: 5foot 7inches

Hi Doris,

Not sure how to help. Early macular degeneration is a biggie. My mum is in her 70's and it has been devastating for her. So quick. Her's was Diabetes related problems.

I think the best course to take is to see your Doctor and also a Dietition. They will be able to discuss ways of getting you healthy, fit and happy. They will be able to suggest how you might be able to slowly introduce the good foods into your diet. It sounds very out of balance.

Without being rude, how much weight would you like to lose inorder to regain your health? Don't worry, your are with friends here. We all have or had weight issues.
Meggie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/166.5/131

Height: 5'3

Meggie girl is right it would be great to see a dietician if you can afford to =) If you can't I suggest checking out the "General Diet Plans and Questions" forum you can find a lot of information in there! Eating the weight watchers recommened type foods deffinatly is a good thing for you but are you keeping a journal or blog of your daily caloric intake/excersize? Thats the best way to stay on track...just log what you do every single day!
mizmizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I think that, given your IBS and list of what you can't eat, you might benefit from a visit to a dietitian experienced with IBS to help you out.
Oh, and check out the Dieting with Obstacles area on this forum. I think there is a thread there specific to IBS sufferers...
Welcome!!!
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote