Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/201/150

Height: 5'4"

Default This Site Is Awesome

Hi everyone! I've been looking on this site for about a week now and just love it. I love the way everyone encourages, advises and just shows support for one another.

I'm 39 years old, married with 3 kids. I've struggled with weight off and on all of my life but have recently been at my heaviest. I had not gone to the Dr. since my twins were born 8 years ago! I knew that my cholesterol and other things would be high because I am a terrible junk and fried food fanatic! I don't eat many veggies (I even hate lettuce!). So I finally broke down and went at the first of April and of course my numbers were bad (except my blood pressure was actually okay which is great). So it seemed to be just what I needed to kick me into doing something.

I have a hard time with "diets" and of course have been on many and know they don't work and don't last. I'm just trying to make better choices (no more fried food, lots of chicken and lean pork and TRYING to incorporate some veggies) I've started using the daily plate and entering all my food and it seems to be working pretty well. I'm trying to incorporate some walking and recently other excersises at home. I

've lost about 11 pounds so far this month so it's been very encouraging, as well as all the stories I've read on here. Thank you all for sharing your journies!
tammyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #2  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

welcome and way to get started and good luck with the rest of your journey.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! Surf around and settle in! We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more!

Congrats on your loss so far!!! Check out the 30-something forum. You can do this!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

tammyjo, you and I are close to the same age..like you, I am also a mom..I started in May '08...the beginning steps for me were the hardest so you are there now..things get easier as you progress and as your body takes it's new shape you will become more and more motivated...you can do this...you are doing really well so congrats on your success thus far...glad you are here and welcome to you.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

for your weight loss so far...and for joining up here!

I did the same as you...I kind of lurked around here for a week or so seeing what the deal was. I had been on forums before, but there was usually alot of bickering/fighting/name calling/ or just being rude!

After a year here...I can honestly say that not once have I dealt with anything like that here!!! The people here are really nice and truely want to to succeed! AND they are here for support/advice/or anything else you need!

I too have had a hard time with "diets". I find them too restrictive! I have had resent success with calorie counting and just learning to have lower calorie portions of the food I like!

Good luck...there is so much here you are sure to find something that will work for you!

McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/201/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all for your well wishes!
tammyjo is offline   Reply With Quote