Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/200

Height: 69 inches

Smile Finally saying goodbye to fast food and Hello to weight loss!!!

I just joined and feel a little lost. I have tried numerous times to lose weight and failed. Everytime I try one of the "new" diets I lose 15lbs easy then fall downhill. If I don't see improvement I give up. I am hoping to gain support from anyone who is willing to help. If I don't lose the weight I will have to leave the millitary. Please help a junk food eating woman find her way.
Kmk061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #2  

Hi, I know how you feel I start out great and then it seems to slowly go down hill from there. I also love my junk food and have since learned how to still have what I like and still feel good about it. I joined WW and that has helped with portion control, my biggest weakness is nachos so I found Lays has baked scoops so I just have those with salsa and cheese and it is only 7 points for 27 chips. It also helps writing down everything that you eat so you can see where you fall in dieting. Good luck with your diet.
timetoshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #3  
No description available.

Fast food is the worst. Maybe lock your wallet in your trunk when you're driving around to make it more difficult to go through drive throughs.

Since you're in the military, do you have access to nutritionists or a gym?

Welcome to 3FC!!

Surf around and settle in. We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more!

Last edited by midwife; 02-21-2009 at 10:09 AM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

KMK ~ yes, many here know how you feel. A doctor once advised me to just cut out the fast foods, the junk foods, add in at least two veggies each dinner, and a couple of fruit each day: small steps, but they worked. I lost about 25 pounds just doing that and for exercise, I just walked every day. This is a simple way to start.

Too bad I didn't stick with that advice and maybe I'd be OK now; I have returned to that sensible advice and that is how I have lost much more this time and I plan to keep at it for life. That was the part I never learned before ~ that you have to keep at it for life. As I was smaller then, my goal was only 25 lbs and he told me that when I reached my goal, that I could have 1 serving of my favorite fast food just ONCE A MONTH. At the time, it was fries & gravy, so I was allowed a small fry and gravy once a month.

Now, we have BAKED homefries with our fish about once or twice a month only; and I skip the fried ones altogether. I have learned that there are many ways to have our favorite foods made at home in a healthier way and how to limit my portions. I really hope something here helps you in some small way.

We have Weight Watchers (WW) here, as well as Calorie-Counting and many more plans; take a look around and see what interests you. This is a huge resource with lots of great ideas, tips, and hints and very supportive folks ... come back often.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote