Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default need willpower dust!!

Hello 3fc! I am here to find support from everyone to aid in my weightloss efforts. Past diets have all failed because of willpower! Would lovwe to here about tricks or tips that people have used to stay out of the fridge!!!
waiting2exhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Sadly, even willpower dust can't really keep you out of the fridge. Only you can keep yourself out of the fridge.

Maybe by pinpointing why you're going to the refrigerator you can modify your behaviors.

Are you hungry? Then it's important to plan snacks and filling meals. Are you bored? Then a new hobby needs to get started. We all have our different problems regarding food. Once we identify them, we have to be willing to change one step at a time, and modify our behaviors. Permanently.

You can stay out of the fridge when it's not time to eat. Tell us all a little bit about how your past plans failed and how you can change them so that you will succeed.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #3  

I think i used my eating to cover emotional stress.. Im in a relationship that makes me sad to be home.. im put down all the time and pretty much dominated over.. so i think i just eat eat eat to make myself feel better, im doin good so far, i just dont wanna fall off again! i just need some good friends to confide in that understand how hard it is to lose, it makes me so happy to see others who have made it! I wanna be cute again too!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi, my name is Kathy. About 4 years ago I lost 55lbs on LA Weight Loss, but I gained it all back but 3lbs. because I didn't keep focused and because of not having support from my parents and siblings.

I am determined to keep my eyes on the goal and not let my parents or siblings influence me. This is for my health, not theirs. If I'm hungry I try to eat sugar free jello which is zero points for a 1/2 cup with WW, or eat veggies.

I'm an emotional eater so I need to learn funnel my emotions in a different direction. I'm still working on that, but practice makes perfect.

I have also learned that if I go off plan and eat something I shouldn't that it is not the end of the world and that tomorrow is a new day and I will get back on plan. When you fall down on the sidewalk you don't just let there, you get up and wife the dirt of and move on. That is the same way in dieting. Get up and move on.

Keep your eye on the goal!
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #5  

Thank you for your reply! It makes a lot of sense! I love jello.. i totally forgot they make sugar free! thanks for the tips!!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #6  
aka dawn

S/C/G: 330/195/160

Height: 5'9

welcome to 3fc! I am new myself and agree about the it takes you to keep yourself out of the fridge, When I find myself wanting to eat everything in sight I try and ask myself why? Why do I need this? Sometimes I cant find an answer but most of the time I do. Goodluck this is a great place to be!
violentgirlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Waiting to Exhale - When you want to go the fridge, get a glass of water instead. They say that when you think you're hungry, it could be that you are actullay thirsty. Also, remember this is one time you are allowed to be selfish because this is about you and your health and well being.

I know nothing about your relationship, but maybe you need to get that healthy as well. This is about a life change and not a diet and sometimes we have to make other changes in our life that will help us on our journey. Please forgive me if you feel I've over stepped my bounds because I would never intentionally offend anyone. This is just food for thought.

Hang in there because you can do this.

Violentgirlx - Welcome to 3fc. Your words spoke to me. I never thought to ask myself why I wanted food and if I was really hungry or just eating becacuse of emotions. I'll remember that the next time I want to eat everything in sight.

Keep up the good work we can do this with each others support!

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote