Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/245/199

Height: 5'4"

Default I have to do this

for my sanity as much as anything else, I have to feel better about my body

here is the deal, husband left in September, after 2 years of not good, this is the end of an 18 year marriage, 2 smallish kids.

I had lost 50 pounds up until 2 years ago, but when marriage went to **** I decided to eat it, gained it all back. I was going to LA Weightloss, I can't afford to do that now so was planning on South Beach, as carbs are my problem to begin with.

I have lost my fitness, my waist, don't fit in half of my clothes, lost myself.

I want to have future relationships, seems like it will be much easier with a bit more confidence and smaller size as the result of attaining some fitness and weightloss goals.

X doesn't believe in me in this area at all, so I would like to prove him wrong, for myself, I don't want him back.

And I am in school to become a PA and will be more effective with my patients if I live what I preach.

So my goals, get back to 170 for starters, and then assess where I am at and what I can realistically maintain. Get back to running/fitness, that needs to start now, I want to run an 8K race with my class in April. I am going to start with couch to 5K and keep working.

I really need to do this for myself, I need to feel better about myself, regain some confidence and just overall healthy feeling.

It seems like such a long hard road so I have trouble starting. I just need to start, not pick dates, just start and say go.

I did some weight training today and have a soccer game tomorrow, need to be consistent, I posted on exercise forum to get some advice.

support is appreciated.

J
futurerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Welcome to 3FC!
If you believe you can do!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!
You sound very motivated-- that is one of the most important keys!
Find some forums that click for you and start posting. You'll get plenty of great advice and friendship here.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

hey, good for you.

it's the only life you'll ever have, so you may as well make it a good one.
you'll loose the weight and start a healthy new life. you'll feel better and start off in a new direction. leave the past behind you and never look back.

the races are an excellent idea
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

You CAN do this! And, with the right plan and exercise, your body WILL change shape

I look forward to reading of your progress
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #7  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Futurerunner! You do not need to pay to be able to continue with LAWL-- my center closed last year and I just continued doing the program on my own, using Luna bars instead of LA Lites. I am on purple now, and I could give you the info for Red, Purple, or Yellow because I have all of those booklets at home. Let me know if I can help you with the LA stuff-- it has worked for me!
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote