Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/270/160

Height: 5'5"

Wink good morning

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="SeaGreen"] hello everyone, my name is liz and i am married with 2 grown sons with spouses and 3 granddaughters. they keep me going. i have been having a hard time with weight issues this past yr or so. i lost my mom last dec. to brain cancer at 69, it was terrible, found out one day, operated in nov, gone before christmas. she was my best friend and i miss her so very much. if it wasn't for the girls i would've not got thru it.
i am diabetic and need to lose weight for my health, i just have given up some days.
i am at home as i am disabled with a bad back so i don't get out in public much. its gets lonely sometimes.
i am an emotional eater, how do you stop that? sometimes i do really good, then there i am again at the bottom of the pit. it is a vicious circle, anyone else have this problem?
i like crafts, scrapbooking, reading,puzzles, swimming,my family and pets [3 little dogs, 1 cat and 3 parrots]
thanks for listening. have a great day liz
lizzie060955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Liz

I think you may have a found a great way to get in touch with people and get the kind of support we all need while trying to lose weight.

You may want to check out the 100lb club, the Chicks in Control section, a support group based on age, and the Dieting with Obstacles area.

Don't give up. Eating right is always worth it.

I, too, struggle with eating when i'm bored, and lonely. It's hard. One of the first things we have to train ourselves to recognize is true hunger. Not the need to fill a void.

You can do this! Please look around & post wherever you're comfortable. Let us know how you're doing, we want to support you.

ETA: I've just noticed that you've already found a few groups Stick with them!

Last edited by Lovely; 09-24-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Lots of people her find emotional eating is a big problem! But the inspiring thing is most of those people have still lost weight. Is there any way you could see a therapist to help with that?

Otherwise, welcome to 3FC! You'll get wonderful support from everybody. Glad you found us :
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie060955 View Post
i lost my mom last dec. to brain cancer at 69, it was terrible, found out one day, operated in nov, gone before christmas. she was my best friend and i miss her so very much. if it wasn't for the girls i would've not got thru it.
i am diabetic and need to lose weight for my health, i just have given up some days.
i am at home as i am disabled with a bad back so i don't get out in public much. its gets lonely sometimes.
i am an emotional eater, how do you stop that? sometimes i do really good, then there i am again at the bottom of the pit. it is a vicious circle, anyone else have this problem?
i like crafts, scrapbooking, reading,puzzles, swimming,my family and pets [3 little dogs, 1 cat and 3 parrots]
thanks for listening. have a great day liz

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. The loss of a parent is a very difficult thing to get though. I would be lost without my mom. I lost my grandpa about two years ago to stomach cancer, nearly the same way. It's crazy... sometimes cancer drags on for years and other times it takes our loved ones in a matter of weeks. I'm sorry for your loss.
I hope you find the support you need here. There are a few forums that you should fit in with very well.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote