Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #1  
Future Title:'sexy shell'

S/C/G: 179/179/120

Height: 5'7"

Default Newbie... Geared to go with the big guns

Hello Everyone,

My name is Shelley. I stumbled upon this site yesterday when I was looking for feedback on a weightloss program. I read alot of posts and decided to be a part of 3-FCs.

Alittle background about me... I have just finished school about a year ago, and because of many many issues, .. some family issues, some (now ex') boyfriend issues, failing exams, etc. This all lead me to put on almost 40 lbs in the past year. Now i just want to get out of this "phase"... and want to move on with my life towards a new beginning. Plus This december I will be turning the big three-OOO, and looking this way is not how I want to bring it in.

And that's what brings me here. The first thing that struck me about this site was all the positivity......!!!!!!!! Honestly, I didn't think that was possible because being overweight, ... well, as many of us know, there's nothing positive about that. But I think there IS SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT BEING OVERWEIGHT... that is the ABILITY to REVERSE it... (slowly, but definatly surely).

So apart from studying for my exams *again*... (It was a tough decision to come back to the old' books.. but that's my path).. I'll also be here reguralrly!! I'm very glad to be here, and hopefully I will have a nice success story like many of the people here do.

Plus, I'm sick of people calling me 'so sweet'... now i aim to hear words like 'so hot'..etc.. (haha!!!!)

See you guys soon

By the way, one quick question. What is the best criteria to decide which exercise program to start. I have purchased the dvd's for walk away the pounds, turbo jam and hip hop abs. I am in moderate shape, have no significant health issues.
I request an experinced member to help me out please. thanks

Last edited by sweet shell; 06-09-2008 at 09:32 PM.
sweet shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #2  

I have heard the best exercise is the one you will actually do tomorrow. Whatever exercise works for you is the best.
Katrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 321/240/180

I have been pretty sedentary until about a week ago, I have recently found that cranking up my ipod and dancing is quite fun. I don't know how much it's burning off, but it does make me sweat and it's got to be better than sitting most of the time. I'm hoping it will be a good start and inspire more physical activity soon!
fatnfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . so glad to have you joining us . . . don't forget to take a look at the various exercise forums . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=177 . . . in the Fitness area for answers to your question about where to start.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #5  
Party Starter.

S/C/G: 200/183/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum. I too am fairly new... I've lurked and visited off and on but never posted until today. I'm in desperate need of a good support system... so here I am!
As far as fitness programs are concerned, I have found in the past that you need to get one that you enjoy or else you won't do it. Some people have a passion for running (I wish I did, although I've never even tried) and some people love the gym atmosphere (I've been once with my brother and it was FUN... loved the elliptical!!) or some people work out at home (how I lost weight previously). It's all about what works for you and your lifestyle... and what motivates you to move everyday.

I personally found at home DVD workouts effective because, when I was losing weight in 2004/2005, I was a stay at home mom to twins and attended medical assisting school in the evenings. Workout DVDs were great for me because I would do an hour workout almost everyday right around noon when my twins went down for nap. Then I still had time to get showered, make dinner for the family to eat while I was at school... make myself something... and whalla... done. It worked out great.

Unfortunately, schedules and circumstances have changed (and man... I miss the kids naptime lol) so workouts have been hit or miss for me lately. I am NOT a morning person... so I have never been able to fit one in in the a.m. and evenings... forget it... too many excuses pop up by then. I have to find that happy medium again. You will too.

For videos, I used The Firm workouts religiously. I found the best fat burn with that - they are cardio + sculpting mix, plus some ab workouts, they use a step box for some routines... it's a lot of fun. I have tried Turbo Jam and LOVE that... it's just kind of hard at first. But man, you get a serious rush after the 1 minute Turbo sections, oh my word. I haven't done Hip Hop Abs. I saw some great muscle definition by using the sculpting workouts by Tamilee Webb (the Buns of Steel lady). She is TOUGH, but you DO get results. I have done random videos that were provided for free on my on-demand cable feature. I have also tried Slim in 6 but truth be told... its the same videos over and over and over. It was boring to me. My brother bought P90X and I am terribly jealous... although I don't know about the chin ups. I have to work on confidence because my mind just says... "Shannon doesn't do chin ups".

Hope this helps! It turned into a novel LOL
fromshantoslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #6  
Future Title:'sexy shell'

S/C/G: 179/179/120

Good Evening friends,
Thanks for the warm welcome!!! Makes me feel right at home!!!

Meowee: Thanks alot, exactly what I needed with that link. I checked out alot of post, and alot of what people have given as feedback. I felt very inspired and motivated.

Fromshantoslim: Thanks for all the heads up and advise. I'm going to have to try The Firm series upon your recomendations. Unfortunatly I haven't purchased those yet, and so I will be starting w/ turbojam series.

So Today was Day one for me, and I started w/ TurboJam. I did the learn and burn set, its abit tricky at first !! But I'm sure I'll get it....
I just have to stick w/ the program this time... I guess I'll come here regurally and read upon posts and keep my motivation high...

Thanks again everyone for the nice welcome,
see ya
sweet shell is offline   Reply With Quote