Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-23-2008, 12:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/220/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello all,

I'm new, but I'd love to join a support group.

I know all about helpful hubbies. Mine bought a huge bag of Circus Peanuts at Walmart this weekend and then stuck the open bag right under my nose and asked if I wanted one. (Of course, one would have been OK--but the next 10 or 15 peanuts would have been a problem.)

He means well, but it is really hard to turn down food that's right under your nose.

Dee
Mithosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!! You are not alone... this forum is GREAT for support. Whenever you feel the urge to snack... hop on the forum and read some messages.

Do you know what plan you are going to follow?? For me, it has just been calorie counting between 1200 - 1400 / day... treating myself to a meal of my choice on the weekends...

Let's WOW those teachers when you return to school in September...

Last edited by didjaever; 06-23-2008 at 02:34 PM.
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #18  

This is a solid group of people. I think you'll find this place to be a safe haven.

Though we are on opposite sides of the education spectrum, me being the student you being the teacher, I know we'll both get through all of this.

The way I started was a trip to the post office for stamps. And I have been walking every day. Start thinking about little things like that. Instead of jumping in the car, maybe taking a walk to the grocer.

I know, I know, there is no easy answer. But sometimes we have to lead by example. Maybe if you empowered yourself, your husband would feel the same

I wish you the best T.
PetiteHourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 263/260/120

Height: 5ft1/2 inch

Talking

Hello everyone! I too am a newbie and I wanted to introduce myself: my name is Sheryl and I am 33 years old. I too need a good swift kick in the rump to get me started! I have been heavy pretty much all of my life as well. I have lost and gained and lost and gained. I am soooo ready to loose this weight for good! I just don't really know where to start. I have done the calorie counting and was successful at it until I stopped counting and fell into the same ol' pattern. My highest weight was 271 and that is on a 5ft. tall woman!!! I am currently at 262. I just have convinced myself that I am too afraid of failing once again. But I am working on that mindset. I do have a supportive boyfriend and he believes that I can do it, but I just need to believe in myself. I am so tired of not being comfortable in my own skin!! Anyway, I have been reading so many of these great posts and I know that this will be the extra support that I need. So, THANK YOU ALL for being here.

Carri and T -- I too would like to join a group.. count me in!

We got this!!! We can do this!! Rock On!!!

I hope everyone has a great week!!

Sheryl

" If you fall down 10 times.....stand up 11!! "
sdc078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 230/220/130

Height: 5'5"

I agree this place is the best! Last night I wanted a warm brownie so bad that I could almost smell it baking. So, I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and then ate a salad while I read some posts. I think it helps to know you're not the only one struggling with cravings.

Didjaever--I'm also a calorie counter, but I started out as a low carber. I used a low-carb diet to drop almost 40 lbs, but then gained it all back when I went on vacation and binged on carbs. That made me realize that I could never follow the low carb diet for the rest of my life. By counting calories, I can plan ahead and work a small amount of any food into my diet -- even that brownie!

Dee
Mithosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #21  
It is what it is...

Hi Dee, T, Sheryl, and anyone else who is reading

Okay so I guess we need to come up with a group name and then move ourselves over to the support groups forum ...so we need to be thinking...

I also count calories...I feel bad when I start too low so this week ( and last )
I started to eat between 1700-1800 a day, not going over 1800...except for Saturday night when I had Pizza Hut super supreme pizza, not realizing it is460 calories per slice!!!!!!!!!!! and I had 5 !!
so anyway, moving on...I am going to be dropping my cals by 50-100 each week until I get down to about 1500-1550 for a while, if I am exercising regularly I would maybe up it some.
I am also diabetic so I do watch my carbs...I do not do low carb but I try to keep a handle on them...no sweets, watch my bread, etc...

Dee - way to go on not having that brownie and exercising, great example for all of us

Sheryl - would love to have you with us...you and I are in similar places, I am 34, highest weight was 258, currently at 229, am a little taller though at 5"4
We can both do this!!!!!

T. - hope you are having a great time on vacation !!

Talk to you all later, gotta get back to work

Carri ( Satine )
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:50 AM   #22  
Power Within

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Height: 5-4"

Default Hey Y'all!

Greetings from vacation! I get so motivated when I check in and read the postings here. I am really glad I decided to write that first time!

A group sounds like it is in the making! I am so very excited! The support and the friendship is exactly what I need right now and I am really looking forward to helping others as well.

Names...interesting....I am not sure on that one. I am up for anything! Just make sure I can find you! Something postive, for sure. WA-HOO! I am so very excited this moring!

Vacation is going well - I have been eating pretty good! I guess it is that we are busy so I don't take the time to snack. Very important. I did have a Sonic shake last night! Ice cream is a very special treat for me since milk tends to bother my stomach. Once in while I will suffer through it...but not very often. That is good though, right? Anyway, I have been drinking lots of water because it is HOT! I have been swimming a little and walking more. Positive steps toward a new me!

I have been "people watching" a lot - not in a mean or "weird" way...just trying to get a sense of who I want to be and I have noticed that no "body" is perfect - especially moms around my age. Even skinny ladies have flaws of some sort and I have not really seen anyone perfect! I can tell the exercisers from the non-exercisers and I can tell who is confident about themselves. I want to be healthy and confident...not just thin. I think thin would be nice - but I have also noticed that "thin" is different for everyone. I have had many revelations this week...I hope next week is just is good.

Ladies - keep up the good work!
WE CAN DO THIS!

Stay focused, Stay postivie! Stick around, this is going to be great!

Take care of yourselves and will check with you in a couple of days!

T.

P.S. What kind of calorie counters do you use? A book, the web? I think I am going to count calories, too.
tmeridith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #23  
banned

Hi tracy! Welcome to 3FC forums! Read this thread on how to lose body fats, hope it will be useful and effective to you.

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support (i cant post the thread URL)
francis84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 217/217/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Tracy from another Tracey. I am just feeding off of everyone else's enthuisiasm

It's great to see people taht are so motivated and positive!!
traceylenore is offline   Reply With Quote