Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:50 AM   #1  

Default Hi I am new here

Hello Everyone ~ I am new to the community!

Hi ~ My name is Tina and I am 32 years old and I have struggled with my weight loss since having my first child 9 years ago. I was always skinny as a child and in high school I weighed around 110 lbs. which I stayed that up until I got pregnant for the first time with my daughter who is now 9. After having her I got some of the weight off but was never happy with what weight I was. Then I got pregnant with my son who is now 5 and that was when my journey with weight loss wins and losses really started. I have done and tried just about anything you can imagine to lose weight. I did really good my first time on Weight Watchers but after about my 5th time.....I knew how to cheat that system. I am just not good with someone saying.....it's ok to eat some chips just a few and as long as you count the points. It was too hard for me to cheat! I have done low carb more protein and it worked for awhile. Then in Easter of 2006 I saw a picture of myself and I about died. I hated it and I hated the way I looked. A friend of mine started seeing a weight loss doctor and nutrionist and really liked it so I signed up and started going to see her. I was ready for a change! When I started seeing her I changed my eating habits and did awesome. Then I started taking Phentermine because I was having a hard time not being hungry. I really started to lose weight! I went from 195 lbs down to about 169lbs by the end of that summer in 2006. I was working out, walking, eating right. I felt great! I was motivated! Then some stuff happened in my life that lead to me being under a lot of stress and all of that hard work went out the window. I am still seeing my weight loss doctor and after 2 years I should be some skinny chick on the beach in a bikini but no....I am still the beached whale. My weight loss doctor is at this point where if I don't start losing....she says there is no point in me seeing her. I get started and do good and I am taking my phentermine and then I miss one or two pills and boom......downward spiral. I make more excuses than any person I know! I overeat and according to a psycologist I am a compolsive eater.

Ok so that is my whole weight loss story! I am ready to start and stick with it this time and I think a community like this is just what I need for support and to stay motivated!!!!!!
trs71975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! You know what you need to do ,now do it. Eat fewer calories and exercise more, it works every time,. Have you thought about counting calories? It is flexible, reliable and free. You do need to plan your meals and stick to your plan. Keep a food diary, it really helps to see what you are doing right or wrong. There are other plans that you might want to check, South Beach,Fat Smashers,Atkins , check the different forums and find something you can stick with.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:43 AM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #4  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote