Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello! My first real post...

Hi everyone! I'm Brit and i'm new to weight control and diets and everything else. I was a ballerina almost my entire life and i've always been tall, slender, and athletic.

I joined the military (army. i'm a grunt) got married, and injured my right leg. A combination of gaining excessive amounts of bulky muscle mass from constant exercise and manual labor, plus a husband (men are proven to be high in calories), and prednisone to help heal a shattered tibia and ruptured achilles tendon resulted in a near 70 pound total weight gain and I am at my wits end. Everyone keeps telling me it's the prednisone and that with a few months time my weight will go back down to normal, but I can't stand this. I feel like i'm in a strangers body!

I've never had to diet or watch what I ate before so i'm completely lost when it comes to that. I don't overeat by any means. I'm that annoying girl that will complain about starving ALL day and then eat two bites of a sandwich, or an apple and be full. I also do a lot of manual labor (heavy lifting, etc) and I do at least 60 minutes of intense cardio or strength training every week day. Fridays we do 12 mile ruck marches with 50 pound rucksacks.

I need to get my current size 10 butt back into my size 2 jeans!

Any tips or advice to get me started?
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #2  
Taking Care of Me

S/C/G: 252/221/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Nish
Since you are dealing with an injury as well as meds, I would advise starting with your Dr. He/she can start you on the right path. Keep us posted on how your doing; this is a great place for support and encouragement.
chay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Talking I would...

But the injury has healed up save for some arthritis and occasional bursitis when I overwork it, and I weaned off the prednisone in Feb. I was on it off an on since August.

Doctor...? What is this 'doctor' you speak of? I've forgotten what it's like to have a primary physician! We don't get those in the army. I would have to wait two months for an appointment to see some impatient psycho nurse if my freakin' hand fell off, so I won't hold my breath on that one. I've got the internet to research, and the personal experience of others which I suppose is just as good or better.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #5  
Trying to lose weight

S/C/G: 301/298/120

Height: 5'3 and 3/4's

Hello Nish! I'm a new member too. I know it sucks to stay at home. I've been home for almost 3 weeks now because of I had surgery on my ovaries (they found tumors). I hope we both get to our goal weight! And heal from our medical conditions too...
kjoyiss is offline   Reply With Quote