Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #1  

Default Hello!

Hello! My name's Emma, and I've been lurking around on this site for the past couple days. This forum has been pretty helpful for me already, just reading some things, so I'm excited to be joining.

I suppose a bit about me, well, I'm sixteen, which I understand is a bit younger than many of the posters, but I promise I'll at least try to be mature. I'm a sophmore in highschool, and I have a bit of a weight problem. I'm 5 foot 7, and I weight 180 currently. My goal is to weigh 150 lbs within the next year. I really, currently, want to focus on getting into better shape, not purely on losing weight because I wish to play better on the Lacrosse team next year, when I hope to finally move up to Varsity. Currently, the fastest mile I can run is about 9:30, and I hope to drastically improve that, as well as my endurance, since I currently cannot run more than one mile consecutively unless I go a good 2:30 slower per mile. So, yeah, other than that, I'm just happy to be here and hope this site continues to be motivating!
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #2  
Play4Jesus

S/C/G: 290/287/220

Height: 5'11

Hey girl!! so i am 19 a sophmore in college and I play softball for the university; I am overweight and need to lose weight but im also out of shape too because i just had knee surgery so I hear ya on the one mile thing. I hate running and i feel like my mile take twenty minutes lol i hope not but I am def. a slow runner and will be improving my times this summer. maybe we can check in with eachother and see how we're doing! I just joined yesterday so sweet were both young and new lol
SoftballStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:12 AM   #3  
Operator265

Hello and Welcome Emma. Don't worry about trying to be mature. Alot of us have trouble handling that at any age. I'll be interested in hearing from you. If you set up good habits now, it will make it that much easier for you as you get old like me. I'm glad to see you're focus is on your health.

Good Luck with Varsity.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:37 AM   #4  

Thanks guys! It's nice to meet both of you.

SoftballStar, that sounds like fun. Sorry to hear about your knee issues!
Operator, that's what I'm hoping!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Emma!

You've got a good, healthy weight goal.
I loved playing Lacrosse in high school. One of the few team sports I enjoyed.
Best wishes with the running! Yes, just slow down a bit. Don't worry about your speed. If you can get your endurance up, the speed will come eventually.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #7  

Thanks again for the welcomes!
So Ellis, What position did you play in Lacrosse? It's a great sport. I play close defence, which is one of the main reasons I want to work on speed - it's so embarassing when the attack girls beat me to the goal in games. But I do understand that the endurance should come before the speed factor.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/222/160

Height: 5'6

Meesha80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Emma, I played defense, too. Also in soccer... I was pretty much defense in everything. Fit, but short, sturdy and not too fast... that was me.

And hey... I would never have guessed you're 16. You sound more mature than most of us here.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #10  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Hi Emma,

Welcome to 3FC. No worries about being younger;we come in all age groups but we have the same goal - to lose weight and live a healthier life. So again, welcome. I like that you are not rushing with the weight loss and I will keeping my fingers crossed for you to make it to Varsity (just a saying, really, because I can tell it will nothing to nothing for you!).
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Emma, welcome and good luck! You are wise to do something about your health now. It only gets harder as you get older.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote