Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/189.5/125

Height: 5' 7"

Default Finally doing it the old fashion way

Hi everybody!

I'm Karen, I'm 18 years old, and I'm sick and tired of being FAT! I've tried every "fad diet" imaginable, and none of it ever worked. So today, it finally dawned on me that the only thing I haven't tried to lose weight is just plain eating healthier and exercising. So I'm giving it a shot! I want to lose 75 lbs, and I'm gonna break that down into 10% goals, so I'll updated you when I lose me first 7.5 (and I know I will).

I'm really excited to finally be doing this..

...because I deserve better than to be "that fat girl" for the rest of my life.

peace out. :-)
KD4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:33 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there Karen!

You've done it. You've gone & figured out the secret to losing some weight & living healthier. Making better choices about eating & exercising. Not as grand & sparkly as we all hoped But, it's the tried & true method.

And how awesome that you've decided to break up your larger goal into many smaller ones. It'll make the journey that much easier. Have you decided to celebrate each goal met with a little gift of some sort?

Have a look around & post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success to you!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/200/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Good for you!!!

It seems like changing the way we eat and the way we think about food is the hardest thing to do. But before you know it, it will just become second nature. You will feel better and better as the days roll by. I kept putting it off saying 'Not Today'...Finally I decided to do it and now I am feeling great. I have a long way to go but I am enjoying the adventure and I don't even think of it as a diet, it has become a way of life for me. Stay strong and you will be so happy and proud of yourself for doing this. Keep us informed of your progress.
KatfromCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/259/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi Karen

I'm new to this forum too. I wish I thought like you when I was 18. I always had a huge goal set right in front of my face when it came to weight loss. "I need to lose 100 lbs NOW!" is what I'd tell myself. It wasn't til just last year I started doing smaller goals and it's so much better! It feels great when you reach your goal and it makes the next goal much easier to reach. Go for it!
JennyFromTheBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Old-fashioned is sometimes best . . . Good Luck to you . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/170/155

Height: 5'7

Hi Fellow Newbies! I just wanted to let you know that some of us Newbies are starting a challenge together. You can find our thread under Support groups/ Chicks on a challenge/ Newbies Unite. Come join in our challenge if you like!!
Wantingkillerabs is offline   Reply With Quote