Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/189/140

Height: 5'2

Smile Greetings from Ireland

Hi,
I've just joined and I wanted to say hello to everyone. "Hello!"

Since my early teenage years I have been overweight and I have always hated it. Quite often this surprises people and I have often heard comments such as "but you've a great personality" or "you always seem so confident". I want to let you in on a little secret: all of that effervescent, bubbly confidence is just a carefully crafted smoke screen I have put up so no one will realize just how much I hate my body. I long to rectify my body shape. The sensible part of me knows that the weight I carry shouldn't matter, and beauty is only skin deep, but I don't feel beautiful and I don't feel that what you see is who I am.

Additionally, if I don't tackle this problem it could kill me; sounds dramatic I know, but its true. I have tried other diets, exercise regimes and lifestyle programmes - I just can't seem to make any of these work for me.

I am daunted by the amount of weight I need to lose but I have to change, I have to get a handle on this situation because it is spiralling out of control.

This is my time. I AM going to change the way I view food and exercise.

I am tired of making do, of hiding most of me and making the best of the rest. Like all women, I want to feel beautiful and sexy - someone who no longer scans the room to see if she's the biggest person in it.

There is a thinner, healthier, happier 'ME' at my core and I know that this is the year I strip away the bad habbits, shed the extra pounds and that 'ME' will be reborn - I will be the vivacious, sexy, beautiful women I know I am inside.

So that's me folks, I know that my tale will be something that sounds familiar to a lot of you. Looking forward to meeting you all and hearing your stories.

Ollie

Last edited by realt; 04-24-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: I didn't put in any personal details like others have
realt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Ollie! I can relate all too well.
And I can just hear the slimmer you screaming to get out. She's sexy, vivacious, beautiful and incredibly healthy.
You can do this!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

hi Ollie -- I hear some of me, too. You're doing great with getting started losing (according to your S/C/G listing), and I'm sure you'll find good info and support here. You can ALWAYS tune in to 3FC and find a listener, a shoulder to cry on, a cheering section, an advisor, a diet buddy -- whatever. Keep us posted on how sexy, smart, confident YOU are doing : )
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote