Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #1  
Not the diet-type

S/C/G: 165/160/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Emotional

Newly engaged to a wonderful man and trying to get in shape for my wedding. The scale hit an all-time high on Monday at 165. I'm certain that was due to the 1/2 bag of Synder Honey mustard and onion pretzels I ate the night before but I knew that I would be limited on how much I was eatting starting Monday. I'm doing the point system by Weight Watchers.... I have people bauk at me..."Why do you need Weight Watchers", etc etc... my response is always that I need to develop new eatting patterns... I don't workout 3 hours a day like I did in high school and college did a number on my waist line... went to the night shift, lost all the weight and was back down to 138 and now at a desk job and living with my fiance... guess who put all the weight back on. I know there are some people that would kill to fit or even barely fit into a size 10 pant... but you know when you are just not comfortable with yourself, your confidence goes right down the tubes!! That's pretty much where I am now. Hence, I started ww...just to try to get back on track. Today is Day 3 on ww, my sister has managed to ruin our Mother's Day celebration that I have had planned for a month now to happen this weekend and immediately I want something crunchy... like chips! What is with that!!! I'm sure there are plenty of women out there that emotionally eat, that is why I'm here.... to be a support system and to utilize the support system.
Angelphish101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Angelphish!

I have been following WW for years and I love it. A healthy BMI for someone your height would put you between 115-154 pounds. I think your goal is a good one. You know you have been able to maintain that weight before, so when you reach it you are likely to be able to maintain it. That is my problem - I was ALWAYS overweight, so I had nothing to go off of. My goal of 162 is at the higher end of the healthy range for me (122-164) but anything less than 155-160 isn't very maintainable for me. Good luck in your weight loss efforts, and feel free to join us in the Weight Watchers forum!

Last edited by modkittn; 04-23-2008 at 04:44 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . . . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #4  
Getting back on track...

S/C/G: 195.2/see ticker/167

Height: 5' 8.75"

Smile

angelphish---

I am on WW too...and I completely understand the emotional eating bit. I too an highly susceptible to those emotionally-charged junk food binges...work stress or family-related stress is what does it for me. Makes me want salty or carby things. But kudos to you for KNOWING your triggers! That's the first step...now you can find your own individual ways to combat those triggers when they happen.

I also understand that thing where people look at you and say "Why are YOU on WW? You don't need it!" I personally think I need it, but I have had several people insist that I "look fine." Well, looks or no looks, for me I am trying to be healthy...and I know according to BMI and other measurements of health/risk, I am not right now. I agree with modkitten, too...it's a good idea to find a manageable weight for YOU in your BMI range. My BMI range for a "healthy weight" for my height is 128-168...that's a 40lb range! There is NO WAY I could maintain anything less than 160. In fact, I am shooting for 168 as my final goal right now. Anyway, it sounds like you know what your body can manage, which is a huge step toward achieving your goals!

I used to say I would kill to fit in a size 10...but honestly, right now I could do some crazy crash diet and fit into a size 10, but be unhealthy and not fit at all. That's not what I want. Looking back on times when I've said or thought things like that, I realize that those things were ways for me to cover up or laugh off deeper insecurities about my weight. The number on the scale is just a guideline for me..it's a quantifiable means to track my progress. But I judge myself much more on how I feel, what I'm eating, and my physical fitness level.

Keep up the good work! You can do this, and 3FC is a great resource. Good luck! :-)
leela0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Angelphish, and
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 167 / 162 / 135 GOAL

Height: 5'7

You are right I guess everyone hit's their point when they are like if I don't change this now, it will never change and just keep getting worse...

Thank you so much for the instant support , less than an hr after joining you were right there!

Last edited by JoDolce; 05-02-2008 at 08:16 PM.
JoDolce is offline   Reply With Quote