Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:21 AM   #1  

Smile Hi there

Hi there I'm Alison, married mum of 2, and I live in Glasgow ,Scotland
I've battled with my weight all my adult life, have yo yo dieted for a fair bit of the time too. Last year I was at my heaviest weight ever ( 21 st 5lbs), I asked my GP for Xenical, got refused it and referred to the Weight Management Service at our local hospital. In that year I've lost 1 st 3 lbs, but but its gone up and down loads. So went back to my doctors yesterday, and finally got prescribed Xenical. I'm not looking for miracle cures, I know its going to take a lot of hard work on my part and a complete lifestyle change, but needs must. I've also increased my activity levels and go walking every day.
looking forward to meeting you all
Alison x
alibali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Hey welcome. Keep up with the good work. I must look and see what Xenical is. Never heard of it. ^.^0
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:39 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . so glad that you found us . . . I'm sure you will enjoy the support around here.

If you take a look in the General Diet Plans Forum, I think you'll find a thread about ALLI (which is the OTC version of Xenical) that you might enjoy.

Have a great day . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:42 AM   #4  

hiya and thank you both for the welcomes
Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Alison!
Best wishes to you... ... and keep up the walking! You'll find more and more energy.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

hi Allison, and welcome! I tried a weight-loss drug that I think is like xenical (can't recall the name) but it made my bld pressure spike. I agree that you'll definitely have to work at it either way -- the "miracle cure" is YOU! What are your plans for changing your eating habits? There are lots and lots of good conversations around, just browse. I read a really good thread last night on how to break the late-night snacking habit -- just as I was sitting in front of the computer, at night, wondering if I wanted a snack!!
take care,
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Alison! Welcome to 3FC. Having a lifestyle change mindset is a great way to start. Weight loss drugs certainly help to lose the weight, but without the corresponding change in lifestyle, the weight will find its way back. Good job on the walking! I know when I started walking regularily I noticed a marked improvement in my energy levels after just about a week.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:55 AM   #8  

everyone
I think what I've changed so far has been like ensuring I eat at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, eating more poultry and fish. I very rarely now eat any red meat. Also realising my trigger points for a binge has also helped me alot.
Also I think being realistic about the goals that I set myself. An achievable goal makes a real result I think
Old 04-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 207/201/125

Height: 5'2

Welcome Allison, everything you ever need you already know. I am glad you are here, to start working it. Hope to see you around..
eiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #10  

Thanks eiddy