Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-10-2008, 12:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking Hi from newbie!

I'm rapidly approaching my mid-50s and have been in a sedentary job for the past 10 years. It's also an evening job so it has turned my internal clock upside-down as well ... midnight is my 6 p.m. and I often don't get to bed until 5 a.m. or even later, so you can imagine what that does to my "get up" times!

My problem is not so much what I eat as the fact that it's too easy for me to put off visits to the gym with the promise I'll go "tomorrow." I'm hoping, as somebody else on this forum mentioned, to find some friends here who I will have to answer to when I skip visits to the gym!

I weigh about 200 (at 5'5"). The lightest I've ever weighed as an adult was 125. Right now my goal is to lose 50 pounds. If I can lose a further 10 to 20 pounds that'd be great but at the moment I'm just going to concentrate on shedding that first 50.

This looks like a great site, by the way!
CatHouseLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 84.4 kl

Height: 5 6'

well hi all, yep i just started my diet yet again, why is it we live on a up and down yoyo with our weights, well i do anyways, well cat i always start out just saying ill loose 5 lbs then when i get to that i set it at another 5, it sounds better than looking at the whole amout all at once, i find it hard to get my mind into it this time, as i left the uk 2 years ago but im sticking to my guns and saying this is it haha, i usally have someone else diet with me and it help, well i have done my first week on my own and am proude, a full 3 kls i think thats about 7lb not sure, well good luck all hope you have a great weekend ahead, i wish you well with your weighings, tricia
fantasyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:18 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there CATHOUSELADY . . . . . . glad to have you joining us. Wow seems we have a lot in common --

I'm a Canadian, originally from Ontario but now living in Nova Scotia and I'm quite a bit beyond my mid-50's and retired. Also live with five cats (at least I hope that's what your name is talking about . . . although there are other meanings to Cathouse ).

Here are links to a couple of places that might interest you . . . first, The Crazy Canuks Cluck Club is alive and well and living right here . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130196 and then, here's the Age50+ Forum . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=217

Hope to see you again soon, chickie . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:55 AM   #4  
Slimming Down

S/C/G: 267/239/145

Height: 5"4

Welcome...
You will find the support and help you to eat healthy.

You will enjoy this forum... Good luck.
Sharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:01 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

You can do this! Please post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success ^.^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I can relate to your post. I'm well over 50, and i worked the midnight shirt for 7 years. Both make it a bit harder to lose weight. That's not to say it can't be done, it's just a bit harder.

I post on the +50 club "The Golden Girls". Everyone there is supportive. Come on over and check us out.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyvamp View Post
well hi all, yep i just started my diet yet again, why is it we live on a up and down yoyo with our weights, well i do anyways, well cat i always start out just saying ill loose 5 lbs then when i get to that i set it at another 5, it sounds better than looking at the whole amout all at once, i find it hard to get my mind into it this time, as i left the uk 2 years ago but im sticking to my guns and saying this is it haha, i usally have someone else diet with me and it help, well i have done my first week on my own and am proude, a full 3 kls i think thats about 7lb not sure, well good luck all hope you have a great weekend ahead, i wish you well with your weighings, tricia
Hi, tricia, thanks for the welcome and the advice! Five pounds at a time sounds like a better idea than looking at the whole 50 pounds at once!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:10 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Hi there CATHOUSELADY . . . . . . glad to have you joining us. Wow seems we have a lot in common --

I'm a Canadian, originally from Ontario but now living in Nova Scotia and I'm quite a bit beyond my mid-50's and retired. Also live with five cats (at least I hope that's what your name is talking about . . . although there are other meanings to Cathouse ).

*snip*:
Thanks for the welcome, meowee. I love your photo! Yes, my name does refer to my fellow tenants (or perhaps I should say my employers, LOL) and not to the, er, other meanings! And thanks very much for the links; you'll probably see me in both groups!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharry View Post
Welcome...
You will find the support and help you to eat healthy.

You will enjoy this forum... Good luck.
Thanks, Sharry. I'm looking forward to getting some ideas for meal planning and recipes that don't make enough for a regiment!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post

You can do this! Please post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success ^.^
Thanks, Faerie - I like your name, by the way.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Hi, I can relate to your post. I'm well over 50, and i worked the midnight shift for 7 years. Both make it a bit harder to lose weight. That's not to say it can't be done, it's just a bit harder.

I post on the +50 club "The Golden Girls". Everyone there is supportive. Come on over and check us out.
I will, thanks very much, slim! Yeah, I think a steady shift, no matter what it is, is usually easier than swing shifts, but a longtime late shift really does throw your internal clock out of whack.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly View Post
Thanks, Biz. I love the frantic little smiley on the treadmill ... looks kind of like me the few times I've tried jogging on a treadmill ...