Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #1  

Default Hello!!! :)

Hey there!

Well, I've been lurking around the posts for a while, but decided that it was probably time to sign-up!

I'm 25, and I've, to-date, lost 185 pounds. I initially lost 175 pounds, via bariatric surgery, but had been stuck at the number 198 for about 4 years, fluctuating about five pounds down and back up, but fortunately, never to hit the 200's again. Regardless, in the past three weeks, I've really gotten down on trying to get the last 30 pounds off of me. I started going to the gym 5 days/week-- cardio for an hour, strength training for toning for an hour, alternating between upper body and lower body. In the three weeks, I've definitely lost 10 pounds, and-- about an inch off my midsection! I feel awesome!!!

I work at a publishing company in Boston, which I love. I graduated in May with my degree in English Literature and starting grad school for my MA in English Literature come the fall. My ultimate goal is to pursue a PhD in English Literature and join academia as a professor. I'm a huge English geek, to say the least!

One thing I've noticed over this new lifestyle change is that I'm MUCH happier exercising everyday. For the first time EVER, I didn't PMS this month! LOL And my boyfriend was highly excited over that one, let me tell you! I really enjoy the new found energy and happiness even more than I thought, and I actually look forward to going to the gym! Something I never thought I'd ever say! My short-term goal right now is to be able to run a 5K come September.. and I'm pretty sure I can do that.

So, that's a bit about me....Hello, everyone!
DeeZlikeWHOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! Good job on how far you have come!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi DeeZ

What inspiring weight loss! Amazing that you're working so hard to get those last pounds off. I bet you feel awesome. There's a Weigh Loss Surgery area that might appeal to you. But there are plenty of other open & friendly areas. So have a look around & post where you're comfortable.

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:36 AM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote