Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-04-2008, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/000/150

Height: 5.6"

Default Hi, My name is Liz

Hi, I'm new here. I set out to find a place like this because I don't know what else to do anymore. I do not know why I don't stick to a weight loss plan. I have never in my life had such a struggle with weight loss. Weight loss has always been an issue my whole life. But never, never like this. I have reached an all time high and I am miserable. I've got back probelms, I huff and puff everywhere. I can't wait to get home so that I can change into my loungy clothes because my clothes are so uncomfortable. But still I don't stick it out. Last week I made it for 3 days. Then I went off. I am in such a bad way. I pray. I journal. I talk about it with my sisters. Talk, talk, talk. I start out my day "right". By mid-day I am hungrey and I just start to feel, "so what", "tomorrow", "I'm hungrey", "I don't feel like it". I'm not right.

So, I came here. I came here looking for...what? I'm not sure. I want someone to help me. I want something to help me. I want a magic pill. I want surgery! (I swear sometimes I think I am subconsciously trying to eat my way up so that I will be a candidate for surgery. I'm not too far off right now) I want to be able to do it. I know I am strong enough, smart enough, I've got many blessings in my life. I should be able to do this. And yet I still do not. I feel like such a jerk. Lately, because of all the weight I have gained, all I want to do is stay in. I don't want to go anywhere, or see anyone. I would be a shut-in were it not for my husband and kids.

Maybe I just wanted a public place to say all this stuff. Maybe just doing this is helping me. I don't know. I plan to do well today at eating right. "one day at a time" is a good philosophy I guess. Maybe one meal at a time is better. I've done every program on the market. I know how to lose weight. I just do not know how to get myself to just "DO IT"!

Thank you for reading my whole thing. I'll let you know how I do today. Wish me luck, as I do all of you. And it's nice to meet you.
lizcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Lizcap

I'm so glad you've found 3FC. Maybe we can help by pointing you in the right direction, or giving you a little nudge. We can't eat the food for you, we can't exercise for you, we can't be next to you everytime someone offers you a sweet, but we CAN be here online letting you know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Tell us... what sort of food plans have you followed? What have you been interested in trying? Have you been exercising?

One of the most important lessons you may learn here is that "All or Nothing" often leaves us with nothing. There will be poor choices made... there may even be poor choices made shortly into our new changes, but that we MUST stick it out. We MUST get back into the healthy routine.

This is forever. These changes are not temporary while we lose weight. These changes are permanent. But they don't have to be big changes, and they don't have to be all at once.

What can you do today... right now... that will bring you one step closer to where you want to be? Snacking on fruit or vegetables? Drinking water?

Make a decision. Commit to this new lifestyle. One change at a time, you'll make it!

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/000/150

Height: 5.6"

Faerie,
Thank you for replying. I have followed WW before. I think the counting calories, everything in moderation is the way. I guess. Yes, I have excercised in the past, most of my life actually. When I was doing well, eating and living healthfully, I was walking 4 miles a day. I was so proud of that. I was looking really good. My downfall started around the holidays. And you might think I couldn't possibly have done that much damage since then. But I have gained back everything I lost and then some. How stupid was that?! I'm just so sad.
But thank you for your encouraging words and thank you so much for replying. I would have been mortified if nobody replied to my post. That would have really been pathetic.
One small change is great advice. But I keep doing that and failing. I don't commit. I have to commit. That is it. You are right about that. But I don't and I don't know why. I know it has to come from me.And thank you for your support. Really! Thank you very much Faerie! And much success to you too. Liz
lizcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Liz, welcome to the forum.
I can relate to so much of what you said. I was just sitting here eating toast thick with butter while reading an article about strokes. It's like my head is not connected to my hands.

Faerie is so right... all or nothing just doesn't work for most of us. I'm not going to let my having a lousy breakfast ruin my day. I'm going to hop on the exercise bike right now!
And that's what you need to do, too. Just do something... anything. Small steps will make a huge difference to your life. To your body, and to your mind.
Hang in there, hon... we're all here for each other.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Liz,
It's about what we do right this moment. Even if you can only commit to eating a healthy meal for lunch, because that's the next meal coming up, then only think about that. Don't think about after that. Even if you can only commit to taking a 10 minute walk this very moment. Do it. Don't think about how often you'll do it afterwards.

You might be interested in checking out the Calorie Counters forum area (under Diet Central). Wanting to change is good. So, stick around. You may get some ideas, or something may "spark" and get your attention.

Just remember that the only Failure comes from Quitting. You are not failing. You are here.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote