Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/213/150

Height: 5'6

Default Newbie saying hello

Hi,
Just joined although i decided to change my lifestyle and get thin and in shape about two months ago. I was 196 at christmas and saw photos of myself and couldn't believe my eyes. I was HUGE. So i started counting calories, working out more, and just generally watching what i ate. Then i read the book Skinny B*tch. Changed my eating patterns significantly. In the end of january i decided to become a vegan. It wasn't as hard of a transition as i expected. And it's made me feel significantly healthier and better.
I have a great diet buddy, we email each other every day everything we ate, all the exercise we did, and on weigh-in days, what our weight was. We have a system where we have a wish list with a $20, $25, $30, and $35 gift. When one of us reaches a 10 lb mark, the other buys the next item off the wishlist and has it sent to them. When i reach my ultimate goal, i'm going out for a week in california with her and we're doing a road trip to vegas for a 3 night stay. While it's great motivation to have her, i'm definitely looking for more support, tips, motivation entertainment, and whatever i can get from this site.
I'm kind of obsessed with nutrition right now. I'm starting medical school in august and i'm looking to get a masters in nutrition as well while i'm there. While i'm not a doctor yet, i hope i can be helpful in sharing some of the knowledge i've already got. Nice to meet you guys!
nutrition junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there &

The more information we have, the better off we are Sounds like you've got a great system in place already ^^ Please keep on posting to let us know how things are going!

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #3  

thanks for the support! By the way, how do i get one of those little weight loss tickers everyone has in their signature?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #4  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC!
Unfortunately you have to wait until you have been here 30 days and have posted 30 times to be able to add a signature/weight loss ticker to your posts, due to problems with spammers. But I hope you'll stick around and keep us updated on your progress!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/183.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

I'm waiting for my ticker too. Let's hang in there together!
Good luck in your vegan journey! I've been there several times, but for different reasons (orthodox fast) and it has been hard for me because I love my dairy. But with all the things you can find nowadays in any store it's a great and easier choice!
RaluCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum!
You're already off to a great start... congratulations!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #7  

I just want to thank everyone for the warm welcome! I'm definitely going to stick around until i'm in shape and confident!
Old 02-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #8  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote