Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:51 AM   #1  

Default Looking for a weight loss buddy...any takers?

Hi, my name is Carrie, Im 27 from Iowa. I am not new to this site, but have not posted here very much...

I started my weight loss journey in 2006 at 317 lbs. I have been heavy all of my life, but that was my highest weight ever. I lost 75 lbs by Oct. of 06...and then slowly fell "off the wagon". I had totally changed my lifestyle, I exercised, ate healthy....and then I slowly fell back into my old ways. I am now back up to 286 and want to start my new life AGAIN

I had always wanted a treadmill, and we just bought one in December....so I have no reason not to do this...and countless reasons TO do it. I am looking for a email buddy, someone in a similar situation.....I think it would be fun, and it would be nice to be able to talk to someone who understands.

I am hoping there is someone out there, and we can motivate each other, and finally lose this weight!
carrielucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:29 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

I could definitely use this too!!! I'm 23, from MN. I think I need someone to sorta report to, you know? like someone to keep me in check.
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Meeee tooooo!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Carrie, sending you best wishes! Enjoy that treadmill!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Carrie I'm in the same boat! I have been heavy most of my life with short periods of losing weight but eventually regaining. I never really made a lifestyle change. But this time I really have. I recently read the book french women don't get fat and it has changedmy attitude. I also come on here daily...okay a few times a day. I personally would love an accountablity buddy.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #6  
"finding ME again"

S/C/G: 250/250/120

Height: 5'3

An online weightloss buddy sounds great! I am a 30 year old female from Montana. This last year has been the worst of my life and I sure packed on the pounds. I got into a bad relationship in December of "06" already at 190 and my dad died July of "07" and by October of "07" I had gained 60 pounds to be at 250 which is what I have maintained at. I am also no longer in a bad relationship...and I am so motivated to do this, I want to be healthy again and feel good about myself !!
pickingupthepieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Carrie!

Have you visited the 20-somethings forum yet? Check it out! The group has a regular chat thread where you could join in on the posting.

Otherwise, settle in and post! Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey Carrie,

This is also what I came here for, someone I could lean on and that could also lean on me. I just moved to Chicago, so I don't know many people here, but I am ready to get back to life, instead of hiding inside. I try to post or log in everyday. I just joined last week, and I HAVE to stick with this site, because I think I can reach my goals if I stay motivated!
Chicago Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #9  
Progress not perfection

Hey girls!!

So how is everyone doing? Souds like we have a good group of girls that are READY to get started! That's awesome! I've been doing good 7 days I've stuck to my new healthy eating diet plan even with the temptation of bad food... I live with my grandparents and every weekend my aunt & mom comes over to have a big breakfast... all the works... it sucks that I cant eat it lol but I have to pound it in my head it's not worth it! My whole famiy is over weight about 250-300lbs.

I was raised by my mother and she's always had a problem with her weight& drugs, growing up she would aways use food as my reward... if I was sad, if I did something good, if she did something bad.. etc. I use food as everything now.. especially if I'm stressed or upset , it's the only thing that makes me immediatley happy. I did graduate in 03'.. my senior year was when I started losing weight when my stepdad went to prison and I was working at Subway Sand. When I turned 18 I moved out and by the time I was 19 I got down to 135lbs... At about 160lbs I started excercising with a girlfriend like crazy. I moved when I was 20 with a gf who ate like I used to and I fell right back into my old ways... I was also to far from the gym so stopped excercising and as of Dec 07 I was 190lbs...

Luckily now I do know a lot more about healthy eating but I still get overwhelmed. My mom went to rehab Nov 06, and she's been asking me to move about 3 hours away where my grandparents lived, I told her I would if she stayed clean so we moved in May 07... I still dont have any close girlfriends here and I hate doing things by myself. So I'm really thankful for this site because we all need someone next to us pushing us forward!!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:49 AM   #10  

Great to hear from all of you!!! If anyone is still interested in being "buddies" send me a private message, and we can exchange email addresses. Today was my first day and I did 30 min on the treadmill and ate pretty good....I really think I am going to do it this time!! Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Carrie
carrielucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #11  
It is what it is...

Hi Carrie ( and everyone else ) ...I am also a Carri, only with no "e" ...I did not start gaining weight until I was about 21 ...until then I normally weighed about 115 pds...but boy did I gain it ...so now I am back on track and would be interested in buddying up ...I will send you a pm ...

See ya!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #12  
Maggie

S/C/G: 223/216/160

Height: 5'4"

I want a buddy, too! I am 25 and live in VA. I don't know anyone here, my husband is in the army and we haven't been here long. I need to be accountable, I think. I've been going to the gym a couple days a week, but not so much lately!
I have never been skinny, but I used to be a lot smaller and would like to be that again. In high school I thought I was fat, I'd love to be there again (size 8). But my goal is 160, and that should put me in asize 12/14, which is good for me.
Good Luck
Maggie
mags319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #13  
Progress not perfection

Hello Hello So today is day 10 of my 'Fat Smash Diet' (Celebrity Fit CLub book) which officially puts me into Phase2 and adds a few extra foods to what I 'can' have! This morning I had a bowl of Special K Fruit & Yogurt, yummy I've been waiting for that!
So you have to wait until day 10 until you weigh....

so I finally weighed this morning...

Feb 1st I was 183 lbs....

today Feb 22nd.....

174 lbs =)

Yaaayyyyyy 9 lbs!!!! I didn't think it would be that much!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:58 AM   #14  
"finding ME again"

S/C/G: 250/250/120

Height: 5'3

Unhappy

★ Hi, how is everybody doing with the weight loss??

★ Good job Jill with the weight loss, that is awesome!! I am interested in learning more about this diet that you are on so think I will google it after posting.

★ Today was one of those "bad days" for me. I did not eat breakfast, me and my best friend went out to lunch and shared an appetizer plate and had dessert and guzzled raspberry ice teas. Not to mention that I had 2 pieces of pizza and some cheesy bread for dinner. It has been so hard for me letting go of using food to self medicate. And "self medicate" I did but only feel worse for having done so. We also went clothes shopping and that was ****. All the clothes that I think are cute are in much to small of sizes to fit me at this point! Does it seem they make plus size clothing so ugly most of the time? What is up with that? As if being plus size means I have no fashion sense!

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!!
pickingupthepieces is offline   Reply With Quote