Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/192.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Red face Hi, Im Jacq. needing some direction, and support.

Hi, im Jacq, im currently 19 and been overweights since i dont remember when. ive tried numerous times to lose weight for not only health reasons, but personal reasons. i had some success about 2 1/2 years ago before i started college and had lost 40, halfway to my goal. but now im heavier than ever and not sure what to do any more.
when i had lost the weight i was doing a hard core low carb diet, and for a short while toward the end was doing about 30-50 minutes of bike riding a day. money got hard when i started school and i lost all of my free time and put on the weight really fast. i had tried once or twice to go back to low carb, but since i recently learned of heart problems in my family, and that low carb is a very high cholesterol diet i've not been sure what else to do.
so currently, i'm teetering between 200-210lbs it sways depending on my workload with school and home. i'm 5'2", and my goal is 130-135lbs (about 5 over my calc. healthy weight for my height and age). i'm also vegetarian, which to my surprise does nothing for my weight at all. i do eat some fish, but not a whole lot cause its expensive.

if anyone has some suggestions to help me i would really appreciate it, and i would love to have someone to work with on my way to my goals.

thanks!!
Jacq
Mousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #2  
PielCanela

S/C/G: 209/214/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jacq. just wanted to send you a big hug and offer my support, I am also starting again, and I would like to encourage you to be strong, to stick to your decision of changing your body and shaping it to be what you want and feel good about. Oh! what I would give to be 19 again!!! you are so young, and you sound like a very strong woman. I understand what you mean about money problems affecting your time/will/food/habits... so it's time to be creative, for example, why not just getting up a bit earlier and walking to college, taking packed lunches to avoid snacks from the shop....
Good luck! and even if we're not close (I assume you're in the US... I'm not) we could work together... or at least share our daily struggles...

And here, for you some
Nightingale68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/192.5/135

Height: 5'2"

i thought about riding to school on my bike again i used to when i had just started college. im still a bit new to the area im at now i moved a few months ago and i get lost easily, but i am working on finding a bike route to school.
im really thinking about looking into finding a nutritionist to give me some help, but i dont have the money, and im sketchy on if one could even help me at all, im mostly afraid of seeing a doctor for it because the last time i had a doctor tell me anything about my weight, it was "your fat! you dont eat enough vegetables" so its a bit hard to get to that point.

i guess my biggest issue is im just lost on what to do, the only thing that ever helped, has been drilled into my head that its horrible for me, and everything else ive tried has done nothing but make it worse. i tried cutting down portions, i tried counting calories, i tried non bleached grains, and a majority of the time i put on weight. even when i started being vegetarian, i actually started out vegan, it was repeated to me over and over again that you never see a fat veg'n, and i put on weight when i changed over. my weight seems stable now that im just vegetarian, but it still has me upset that im not seeing progress.

currently im just eating vegetarian, i don't eat wheat products, when i do its in very small portions. i do eat a lot of white rice, and basic veggies you get for cheap in bulk (potatoes, onions, carrots, romaine)
Mousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

Don't despair! We'll help you.

Most importantly, yes there are overweight vegetatians. There are some at 3FC. But ... they are losing weight and you can too.

I'm glad to see you are already making your way around the forums. Please remember that we're happy to help you. If you have and questions, just ask!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Jacq, welcome from another overweight vegetarian.

Riding your bike to school is a great idea. As well as burning calories, you'll start to see some changes in your body shape.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote