Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/205/140

Height: 5' 3"

Red face A rookie that needs help

Hello 3FC members!!

My Name is Cheryl and I live in Southern Ontario.
This is the first time I have every participated on any communal chat log or posting and I am somewhat of a rookie as to how I can use this website to help me with my journey of losing weight and committing to a healthy lifestyle.

I Just finished 40 sessions with a personal trainer. I lost 10 pounds. 3" off my waist/1" off my hips and 1/2" off of each thigh. I worked my buttocks off and I came out of it somewhat disappointed. My Husband said I should celebrate in my successes ( I know he is right) but I can't help but feel that there should have been more.

I currently weight train 3 days a week at the gym and 2X a week at home.

I have heard that there are some fundamentals that go along with losing weight but I am not sure what they are. I eye ball my portions and try to stick to 3 healthy meals and 1 snack....what am I missing?

I have read so many success stories here and I am looking for your expertise to keep me motivated and of course give me some tips to keep up the fight.

All helpful suggestions are welcome!
chez ondres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

For me - "eyeballing" doesn't really work. Well, at least not if the goal is losing weight. Not to push a plan on you, but for me counting calories and logging what I eat has worked. I use FitDay now - I used to keep track on an excel spreadsheet. A notebook works too if you don't care for reports and stuff available online. Check out this post, it is a how to of calorie counting. Here is a link to food-calorie-counts

Educating myself by reading labels and experimenting with what works for me has been a road I continue to journey - I doubt if I will ever be able to relax and not gain weight back. So - I'm in this for the long haul. Strangely enough that doesn't depress me.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

^^^^ Me too!
I got myself in a lot of trouble weigh-wise by eyeballing. A digital food scale and logging EVERYTHING in Fitday have been essential tools to getting me back on track and finally dumping the weight.

For me, exercise is important, but keeping my calories in check is what really helps me lose the weight. Why not give calorie counting a try and see if it helps?
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote