Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/188/135

Height: 5ft 3in

Smile Hello Everyone!

Hi, FatAsianChick here. I'm sort of silly in that I've been blogging here for almost a month now and I never came here to introduce myself.

It's great to meet everyone and feel not alone in this weight loss struggle. I'm a 30 year old Asian Chick who's diabetic and missing her rice. LOL! I live in the Southern United States but was raised in New York and born in Thailand. I've already met some wonderful people here on 3 fat chicks. The people here are supportive and encouraging and just amazing people to know.

I look forward to reading your blogs and sharing my own stories with you.
Love, light, and sugarfree lollipops!
Fat Asian Chick
FatAsianChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:05 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

FAC ~ like you, I was here for some time before I even noticed the INTRODUCTIONS THREAD; I'm still not sure if I ever posted here, but I come and welcome others becuz I found it hard to figure things out at first.
I'm glad that you have settled in so nicely and are already making friends.

I don't know what plan you are on; but can you not have measured amounts of 'brown rice'? We have that 1-2 times a week and are getting to like it; I do mix in some white too (about 1/2 or 2/3-1/3 ratio). On other nights, we may have whole grains, beans, pasta, new jacket potatoes or sweet potatoes; sometimes we just have homemade veggie soup ...

Hope to see you around ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/188/135

Height: 5ft 3in

Hi Rosebud!
Thank you for the welcome. I've been experimenting with rice and pasta. Bread seems to be alright for me but I'm a little wary of rice. The last time I had some brown rice my blood sugar went very high. I'm almost ready to try again but I have to admit I'm intimidated by it. I do like brown rice, though. Normally I've tried to stick to very fibrous veggies like cauliflower and broccoli but I'm starting to be less afraid to try new things. I've been diabetic now for about 10 years and I'm sad to say this is the first time I've had it under control. My fingers are crossed and my hopes are high though.
FatAsianChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I am what is called 'PRE-DIABETIC' or 'METABOLIC SYNDROME'; I have my sugars under control now too. I only have rice 1-2 times a week along with veggies and lean meat; but I measure it after I cook it. I think the problem with rice and pasta is making sure to not overeat it. If you are having some problem with that, I can see why you might want to try something else.

I eat 100% whole grain breads, buns, pita pockets, and toritillas too; I think MODERATION is KEY when it comes to these things. I do eat broccoli and cauliflower too, but gotta watch how much becuz of a blood clot problem (the Vitamin K in them thickens the blood). Yah, just do whatever works for you; and whatever you feel comfortable with ...

ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote