Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi, I'm an "old newbie".

This is my THIRD time here. I joined June 24th and was doing great until I broke my hand Aug 10th. I started at 200 pounds and went down to 179. My goal was to get to 175 by my anniversary on Aug 18th. It didn't happen but I made it (somehow without really trying) a couple weeks later. I REALLY wanted to be at 160 by Christmas but my ULTIMATE goal is 150 by my birthday April 16th. I haven't hit any of those goals so far so now is the time to start over and do it. I came back in Sep sometime but was obviously not into it because I never tried hard again. I know I've gained some back. I don't weigh daily now that I'm not working out or eating well but I'm sure I'm back to 180 if not more. I'll weigh in in the morning and that will be my new start.

I can't remember my username from before so I made a new one. I did use the same picture as not to confuse everyone. I think it was MomWantsThis but that isn't working for some reason. I can't wait to get going again and I have complete faith that all of you here will help me meet my goal and maybe even exceed it! Thanks for having me back.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Just have to add that by posting this I have some new sort of motivation. It's so weird! I'm going to make this time. I'm really going to make it!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #3  
=D

I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals and hope it works out this time. =D
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #4  

Good luck this time - you can do it
JennyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/198/160

Default i'm about to be right there with you

I totally understand - i started the s4l in aug of 06. stayed on it until i broke my ankle in January. I went from 215 to 174. talk about a wow experience. even though i was off my feet until may i only went back up to right about 200. i'm starting back just after new years. so i'm starting at 198 and want to get down to 160 by May. wish me luck!

Rachel
sinndixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: see ticker

Hi, I'm an "old newbie", too. I was a member years ago, back when I had a different email, too, and i can't remember my old info at all.
My heaviest was around 210, which was around 8 or 9 years ago, but I have been floating around the 180-190 range lately. I got a new job in November, and haven't been back to the gym since b/c my hours are longer and the gym is near the mall and there has been so much construction and traffic. I know, excuses, excuses. So, tomorrow I am visiting a new gym that is about 2 or 3 miles from my house and on my way home (the guilt factor of having to pass it every day will be a strong motivator) and signing up. I'd love to lose at least 5 lbs. by my birthday in late January. I am trying not to be too ambitious this time and hoping for an average of a pound a week. I think my problems before stem from expecting too much too soon, and while I can drop the pounds faster if I went more extreme, the results won't last (for my wedding in 2001, I was down to 165, which lasted all of about 3 weeks b/c I went on a crash diet to get there).

Best of luck to everyone (including me)!
Marilyn
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote