Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/214/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Newbie

Hi everyone....My name is Regina. Im 23 and from Arkansas. I've been lurking on here for awhile, and decided to stop lurking and actually start posting. I've been so frustrated with myself lately. I make up excuse after excuse and am always going to start exercising and eating right "tomorrow".
I weighed myself this morning and I am at 211. I hope to get down to about 145 or 150 by the end of next year. Thats something else, I always set unreal goals and always fail and give up. But not anymore.
Back in 2001, before I got pregnant, I weighed 135. The day I had my son I weighed 201! Since then, I have had another son and am up to 211. So here I am, needing to lose this weight. Anyways, any tips are definately welcome. I look forward to spending more time on here and improving my health and life.

Regina
Ginalouann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Regina!

So glad you came out of lurkdom to join us, and even HAPPIER that you are setting realistic goals and planning on starting TODAY, not tomorrow or next week or any time in the future.

You can do this, and this board is great for tips. Look around, settle in, and keep posting!

Have you visited our "20-Somethings" group? Might be a good place to start!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/214/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thanks.....Ill be sure to check out the 20 somethings board.....
Ginalouann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi ... for starters I'm going to recommend having a look at a website called fitday.com. Enter all the food you can remember eating from yesterday and maybe even the day before (you can make the program go back several days if you'd like) You'll soon seen how much you've been eating in a whole new perspective. Fats, carbs, protein, soduim ...

And if you keep in mind that what you really need to do to get started, is just eat less ....then you'll have a benchmark. Today and tomorrow just work away at having your overall calories less than the days you've entered as your experiment.

Keep in touch. We'll help you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote