Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #1  
Mamabaloo

S/C/G: 215/215/165

Height: 5'7"

Post Need inspiration to lose 50 lbs for the 3rd time

Hi,

I've never posted anything on a forum before, so I really, really hope I'm doing this right. Just this week I heard about a woman who found the strength to lose 500lbs by connecting with people on the internet, and that was enough to convince me to jump in. I needed to get my weight to fill out my profile here, and that was the first time I got on a scale in months. How depressing to find that in the last year and a half I've gained 40 lbs.

I've been overweight all my life, and three times I've lost more than 50 lbs - once in my early 20's with optifast, once in my late 20's by joining the Peace Corps (I like extreme measures), and last time three years ago when I faced my 40th birthday and realized I'd spent my entire 30's fat. Each time I lost weight, I allowed stress to get me eating again and gained it all back. Now I need to get a fire lit under me to get started again, and I need to learn how to deal with life so I don't gain it back. I know all this gaining and losing is wreaking havoc on my heart.

Anyway, I'm not sure what happens next....guess I check back to this forum for a reply? Thanks for listening...
mamabaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #2  

good luck! you are on your way! There's plenty of info & support on this board to keep u motivated!
4everfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/104/103

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi Mamabaloo!

I just joined this site, today, too. Plus, I`ve gained and lost just as you have..so try not to feel bad about that. Sometimes it just takes a few good running starts, before we get it right.

You WILL find that the internet is a great place to get support and motivation! Nothing is better than being around others who are going through the same weight struggles.

You have lost the weight before..so there is no reason to think you won`t be able to do it, again! Difference being...this time turn it into a 'lifestyle change', rather than just a quick fix, and you will be able to keep the weight off for good!

See you out on the boards!
Going4Lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #4  
I'm committed.

S/C/G: 177/177/115

Height: 5'2.5"

Gee, mamabaloo, at least you know you can lose it! That's kinda reassuring.

I'm working on 50+ lbs. too. And working on stress and anxiety in my life. I know that will be key to keeping it off. I'm reading Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy and finding some very good strategies in it. His idea is to keep questioning the mind's assumptions and negative thoughts. So far so good.

Do you have an exercise plan? That also is key for me and so hard to stick to. I've got an elliptical, an exercise bike and dumbbells and videos. I'm aiming for consistency in using them. It's tough--the consistency.

There are alot of good forums for different diets and challenges and exercise here. Seems like a wonderful place for support. I hope to get to know you! Good luck to us all.

Mary
offthecouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #5  

Mamabaloo, you will do great on your journey on losing the weight. Congrats on losing 50 pounds before. I only wish oneday I can do that too. You have what it takes to LOSE the weight, you now just need the support, inwhich you're going to find it here. Good luck on everything!
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #6  
juicinjudy

S/C/G: 133 currently/goal 115

Height: 5'3

Mamabaloo I"m new to this posting on a forum too. My son had to sign me up & show me how. I've been reading forums but not posting cause I didn't know how ,I'm not computer savvy but I'm learning a little.
I think thats great that you lost sooo much weight. you can do it again. I have trouble with the exercise too I say I'm going to & then I end up getting busy doing something else by that time it's late & the days gone.I need to schedule a time and just do it, even if it's just 30min.
I hope to hear from you soon!!
Zumba Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #7  
Bring my sexy back!!

S/C/G: 230/229.5/180

Height: 5'8

Default We are in this thing together

Hi Ladies;

Welcome to all of the new ladies!! I am also brand new to this board today. I have always "lurked" and read the post but I decided that this time around I needed to do something different. I needed support. Like several of you I have been successful at losing weight before and I now need to lose about 50lbs again.

I am an emotinal eater and the last few years have been a little rough which I have repressed my feelings by eating. Well it is all a learning experience! We can do this together Ladies! I also saw the Oprah show last week in which the woman stated that she lost 500lbs by finding unconditional support online. We are all sharing the same struggle so lets keep one another encouraged and motivated.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #8  

Hi!!
I'm brand new too! Just got done registering.

I've got to lose about 50 pounds again,too. I lost that much 3 years ago following Weight Watchers, then I got all smartypants and thought I could save the fees and do it all on my own. NOT. Soooo, here I am!!!

I've been overweight for about 10 years now, not counting those few,brief, wonderful months 3 years ago. I'm 37, will turn 38 in the spring and I just REFUSE to enter my 40's fat.

You can do this, WE ALL can do this together, yes?
Ancelin is offline   Reply With Quote