Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/195/160

Height: 5'6"

Talking Wisconsin newbie here...

Hey all...

Cheese, brats & beer!!! No wonder I need to lose weight

I am 45 years old. I am 5'6" tall and weigh 195 lbs. (That was hard to type out loud!!!...HA!) I have a wonderful husband of 5 years, this is my second marriage. I have three great kids and three great step kids! 6 grandchildren! I have a twisted sense of humor and love to laugh!

For the most part I am a very happy person but I am overweight and that hurts inside. Although you all know that! I don't exercise because I HATE it...I have tried every diet plan known to mankind!!!!! I finally stopped dieting and I stopped gaining weight, go figure?...so my problem is...How do I lose without going on a diet? Yeah yeah...exercise. That much I know.

I had a physical last week and the Doctor is on me big time to lose weight. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. The rest of the tests are not in yet but the BP and cholesterol are freaking me out! Time to realize I am not invincible like I thought when I was younger.

My goal is to go from 195 to 160....150 would be even better but I am going to think 160 until I get there.

I am here for support, to meet people and support them!

Gotta go search this site and see whats going on. Thanks in advance!

Julie
chickscleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:05 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Julie!

You know, I used to truly HATE exercise. HATE HATE HATE. But I just made a decision one day to get started, to give something a try, and to start out slowly. And so I did. It was slow, and I didn't like it at first. But gradually, I came to not mind it so much. Then, I actually started to like it. Then I was looking forward to it. Now, when my doctor has me on restricted activity due to a recent knee surgery, I MISS it like crazy. Thats right, miss it. So you might want to consider giving it a try.

For me, it was important to let go of "diets" and move into a "way of life". I changed the fundamentals of how I was living my life by eating healthier foods and moving more. It was never a "diet", but a change in lifestyle, and, based on the experiences of so many others on this board, thats what results in longterm success and maintenance of pounds off.

So look around and keep posting! Can't wait to get to know you better soon.

mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/155/145

Welcome! I'm pretty new to this site too, but it's helping me stay focused on what I need to do to get to my goal and be healthier.

I've been wearing a pedometer to make sure I stay active through the day just by walking more. It seems to help a lot. Otherwise it would be so easy just to sit. It's really hard for me to fit in exercise to my day (and I really love to, strangely), so that's my solution until the kids give me some time!!

Nice to meet you!
clumsy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/195/160

Thanks for the pedometer idea! I wrote it on my shopping list...So nice of both of you to take the time to let me know whats working for you.

Julie
chickscleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:08 PM   #5  
Badger and Packer Fan!!!

S/C/G: 315/ticker/200

Height: 5'4"

I'm also from Wisconsin and love my , brats and beer. You can come to me for any support you need or just to vent.
jessiebug is offline   Reply With Quote