Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-07-2007, 10:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/252/195

Height: 5'6"

Wink I'm trying again, with a new attitude!

Hey everyone! I visited and posted here and there a few months back, but haven't really put my mind to weight loss. Yes, I wanted to lose weight, but did not want to put forth the effort necessary to do it. This weekend I learned that family friends are getting married! So, when I think of marriage, I think of babies... and I want to have another child so badly! But, at my current weight I don't feel it would be safe or healthy. Now, I have drive to lose weight! I'd be so jealous (yeah I know it's awful but I'm being honest) if our friends were pregnant and we weren't!

And what else helped to firm my resolve? I was going through old clothes that either shrinked (I wish) or I got too fat for. I found so many things that I forgot I had and just LOVE! They are only a couple of sizes away, but I'd say I need to lose about 30-40 pounds to fit in them. What else did I find? Maternity clothes!!!

So, I am starting by cutting out all the unnecessary stuff - junk food, alcohol, etc. Choosing my foods wisely (it is not worth the temporary joy you get from eating crap), riding my recumbent bike 30 minutes a day after work, and drinking lots of water! I'm hoping all of these changes will not only make me LOOK better, but FEEL better too!

I'll need your support through this, I WILL keep on track this time. I'll come to you all when I feel weak, and with your help I will succeed!!!

Thanks for reading this far! I look forward to getting to know all of you!!!
ilovemycaitybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Melissa, YOU CAN DO IT!
Welcome and come here anytime. I get lots of support just from reading and "chatting" with the people on here!
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote