Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #1  
Kristina

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default First time here!

How have I not found this in all my years of dieting??? lol..I'm glad I have now. I've tried anything and everything and have finally (with much encouragement from my husband) decided I just need to make better choices. I've joined a ladies workout center which I love - and now I'm ready to start on some food choices. I've done enough research over the years that I could write my own book -but now I need to put it into action. I'm 43 - 3 kids - youngest a senior in high school - 2 grandbabies - and I want to be healthy so when the youngest is gone, I can enjoy life with my husband! Would love "buddies"...and any hints about what has worked!
Prissiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/219/165

Height: 5'7"

Red face Hey, me too!

Prissiroo, this is the first time I've been here as well. My name is Monica, and I'm 32 with 4 kids-11,9,8,6 and I care for 2 babies 9 months and 16 months old.
I'm about 220 and looking to lose about 60-65 pounds. God that sounds horifying. I have been avoiding doing anything about my weight but eat more because I'm afraid to admit there is a problem without being able to fix it.

So, I guess...hi! And Good Luck with your loss.
momica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well to both of you. So glad to have you joining us, Chickies. You've definitely come to the right place for lots of support and understanding while you travel down the long and sometimes very bumpy road to better health and fitness.

It's a really big place so just take your time and have a good look around. There are special forums for different age groups; special forums for different diet plans; special forums for special interests. Lots of places -- you can just jump in and start posting -- and don't feel that you have to pick just one place either. I know you will receive a great big welcoming wherever you decide to post.

Hope to see 'lots less of you, lots more often' now that you've found us. See you soon . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

So glad you've found us!

Well, it looks like you've both found a potential buddy in this thread. In terms of tips, keep posting and read the forums! There is so much information here that it can be overwhelming, but it can also be so helpful, so really explore it.

Can't wait to see more posts from both of you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #5  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Prissirroo and Momica glad you found us. This is a great site. Full of wonderfully people that are here to support you along this journey you have decided to take to a more healthy you.

We have found that diets don't work. Let me repeat that DIETS DON'T WORK. This is a food style change we are making. We think about, look at and eat food differently than we did in the past.

There are a lot of people here doing different things to lose weight. Some like set plans like Jenny Craig or Weight Watcher, some like to count calories, some are low carb.

Myself, I use a salad plate instead of a lunch plate. A lunch plate instead of a dinner plate. If the family is having one of my favorites for dinner I eat with them, watching my portion sizes. If they are having something I can take or leave I eat lean cuisines. Have found just dropping some of the fat out of my diet is really making a difference. This is something I know I have to do forever not just until I lose the weight.

Read posts, you are more than welcome in any section. Get an idea of what people are doing here and then decide for yourself what is best for you. Make sure it is something you can live with.

Please post. We are interested and want to know how you are doing. If you have questions don't be afraid to ask. Someone here might just have an answer for you.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #6  

This isn't my first time, but I'm back to try it again.
I also like reading what everyone says about their pains
and gains dieting.
Dieting Diva49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:05 PM   #7  

Height: 5ft1

Hey there Prissiroo, welcome to 3FC!! Im still kinda new here so you aint alone!! Good luck with ur diet! This site is brill for support and encouragement! Best site ive ever found!!!
ZoeJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5'9"

My first time on here too. I've been browsing around for a couple days though. Are there any single gals on here?
undercoverdieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:52 AM   #9  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Undercover

I am sure there are lots of single people here.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote