Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello...A Newbie Here

Hi.

I am new around here and I'm in search of support in my weight loss journey.
A Little about myself...
I am currently a house wife that needs to lose about 90 lbs. I am doing this at home by myself. My husband says that I look fine but I think that in the back of his mind he is scared of me loosing weight and being hit on.. I believe it is only because of his own self image. I've tried the Fad diets and a lot of the weight loss pills out there. I am so tired of how I feel and how I look. I'm really into photography and I think it is a little ironic that I love to take pictures but I refuse to be in them. I want to change that... I want to be comfortable in front of the camera as I am behind it. I'm hoping to find a few good friends here because God Knows I need all the suppot I can get.
I'm looking forward to hearing for you all.
Take Care...
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/215/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm a newbie too...just joined a few days ago. Are you on a "program?" I'm looking but not yet on one. I have about 50 pounds to lose. Welaome and good luck to you.
oncethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #3  

Hello oncethin,
Thanks for the welcome.
I am not currently on a plan. I'm cutting out the soda,fried foods and sweets. Upping my water intake and exercise. I am going to try to find my place in this forum. I wish you all the luck!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #4  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss!! You can do it!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #5  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello, fellow Kansan! Welcome to the site. I am fairly new here myself. I don't post much but have gotten tons of useful information from the great people here.

In the past I have tried the various diet plans there. I decided to just go back to the basics and am counting calories and exercising.
stranger n my mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:39 AM   #6  

Stranger,
Nice to meet another Kansas. Now I know of two on the board. I have decided to start counting calories and I am a liitle nervous about it. I did WW and it told me what to do in a sense and now...I choose based on calories and not pre determined points. I know hand-n-hand they break down the same. I know I'm in for a ride but I can do it as long as I study up
Old 09-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hi Muffit & Everyone!

Welcome to the newbies. I'm fairly new too.

I'm looking for an active group here at 3FC where we can chat, support each other, etc. I'm new over on 40 Somethings (Support Folder) and in the Calorie Counters folder in their Chat thread.

C'mon over and keep me company!!

Teri in No. Calif. (ok, not technically 40 something, but I like that group of gals)

Last edited by Ladiibbug; 09-29-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/189/145

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Hi I'm new too. Just joined here last week and ww on Friday. I'm also looking for support, ideas, recipies (I'm really picky eater, I think I only eat all the foods I shouldn't and can't stand the taste of those that are good for me) and some friendly conversation. I'm 48 and 189 pounds and with ww my first goal is 18 pounds but ultimately I'd like to lose 50. I know I should lose 50! I too, am always behinds the camera taking the pictures of the family as I feel bad when I look at how I look in the pictures - fat. I hate having my picture taken. I know I should have done something about it years ago, but didn't - but now I am. I guess better late than never. I'd love to have a family portrait taken and be in the picture or not hiding behind someone.
Roam is offline   Reply With Quote