Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-27-2007, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325/295/145

Talking It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood!!

My name is Becky and I am 54 years old, married and have 2 children and 4 grandchildren. I was on the South Beach diet last year and then went off after about 3 weeks. I recently went back on South Beach 4 weeks ago and now I’ve started my 5th week. So far I have lost 21 pounds on the South Beach plan. I just found this site the other day and decided I would like to become a member! After I went off the plan the last time, I ended up gaining the weight I had lost, and then some. It's the same story just different day. If I don't lose weight I am afraid I am going to have a heart attack or something. This time I mean business! I know I am going to have to be on plan for at least 2 years or longer (lifestyle change forever!)

As I get older I realize that I just can't eat the way I used to. Plus I'm not working anymore, which means I sit on my butt on the computer, sewing machine, etc. I stopped working about 3 years ago and since then I have put on 75 pounds. I need support badly! Seems that I start out so good and then about a month into it I go off and stay off. I think I just get tired of eating the same things over and over. This time I did give up the Caffeine. That is surprisingly helping me more than I thought it would. I always heard that one should give up the caffeine, that it just makes us crave more carbs, I didn't believe that and besides, I was so hooked I just couldn't bear giving it up. This time I got through it and I don't seem as hungry as I was or think about eating very much. Maybe that was the key for me, I hope!! I'm at the point I will try anything to stay on plan!

I hope that you all consider helping me to stay motivated, and give me some good ideas for recipes, eating out, and how a 300+ pound 5'3" woman can exercise when it kills my hip joints and body to walk a ½ block and back!
beckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

Welcome. I wish you luck on the South Beach Diet. I personally will never diet again. I have changed my lifestyle. Every time I went on a diet I lost weight and gained some or all back. I hope you can stick with it for the rest of your life. I do my own thing like many others and find that way it is so easy I don't worry about it anymore. Come see us at the 100 lb club.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote