Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:59 PM   #1  
I think my scale's broken

S/C/G: 156/152.5/120

Height: 5'4"

Default New fat chick here, looking for advice!

Hi everyone, I am 43, brand new to this forum, and just love it! Everyone is so supportive!
Here's my (long) story. Most of my life I weighed between 115-130-ish, although it was frequently a struggle. My weight crept up over the past few years, I stopped exercising, and now I weigh 152.5 and in my storage room I have several racks of lovely size four and size six outfits that are just mocking me. Mocking me, I say! Damn clothes.
About a week ago, I realized my romance with the great guy I've been dating for the past few months was fading (through no-one's fault; he's wonderful, it breaks my heart), and I also foolishly let my friends take pictures of me at a get-together and when I saw the pictures I was like - WHOA! Who is that short chubby little woman and why is she wearing my face? Oh no! It's meeeee!) And that was my "This is IT! I'm sick of feeling and looking like this!" moment. I really can't stand the thought of being single, overweight, feeling unnattractive, and diving for a foxhole every time one of my friends whips out a camera.
So, without any particular plan in mind, I bought a bunch of boxes of Lean Pockets, a bunch of fresh fruit and diet soda, and some ground turkey, and just refrained from eating junk food and finishing my childrne's meals like I usually do. Over the past week and a half I went from 156 to 152.5, which is very exciting. But it's a challenge, because I'm a full-time working divorced mother of two who gets home in the evening tired, hungry, and harboring unnatural lust for my children's pizza and mac and cheese...very little time and energy for exercise during the week...any advice for me? What do you guys do when you're tired and hungry at night? Thanks in advance! Sorry about the long rambling post!

Last edited by floridababe; 07-25-2007 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Typos
floridababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:00 PM   #2  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

Height: 5'3"

hi floridababe im new too. i no what you feel like my friends were taking fotos of me down on the beach and i just looked like a beached whale! about getting hungry and tired at night... if its only a couple of hours after ive had my tea and im still hungry i either grab a piece of fruit, just have some diet coke or water because sometimes your not even hungry, just thirsty and about the tired thing, if i cant be botherd exercising i go for 30 min walk with my dogs and even though it doesnt feel like it ... your exercising :O

i hope you get a lotta help outta this site like i have so far! WELCOME !!!!!!!

Last edited by FlabbyHarry; 07-25-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer mistakes
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:39 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi and welcome! Banish the junk food from your house altogether - your kids don't need it and neither do you!

Are you able to cook on the weekends and freeze meals for the week? Then you get the benefit of fresh ingredients and home-cooked meals and have the easy preparation during the week. Could your kids help you cook? Then at least you're doing something together as a family AND teaching them how to have healthy eating habits. Do they ride bikes? Do they swim? Do they play tag or frisbee or soccer? Just play with them! It takes creativity to get exercise in with having younguns. I totally understand that!

Good luck with your journey!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Welcome! You'll find tons of support here!
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 272/187/145

Height: 5`8

Hi floridababe, I`m new to this site too and struggling with alot of the same issues as you so i really don`t have any advice. Sorry! Why is it that at night time those cravings hit! I know that we are busy during the day but you would think we would just fall asleep after all we do. Especially being a single working mom! I used to live in Mango, Fl. Miss the beaches. Wish you lots of success!!!!Kym
kymandfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #6  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

FLORIDA~ I AM IN A WHEELCHAIR AND WHEN I GET HOME I'M TOO TIRED TO COOK ON SOME DAYS. SO ON THE WEEKENDS I MAKE TURKEY CHILI, GRILLED OR BROILED CHICKEN CUTLETS, CHICKEN STEW, BROWN RICE HARDBOILED EGGS AND OATMEAL.* ANY RECIPE YOU LIKE) THEN I TAKE WHATEVER I COOKED AND PUT IT IN INDIVIDUAL SERVING SIZE CONTAINERS. I COME HOME, POP ONE IN THE MICRO, GO AND SHOWER, GET IN MY JAMMIES AND COME OUT AND EAT AND RELAX!
GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LOSS SO FAR!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote