Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-24-2007, 03:40 AM   #1  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Teen Newbie :]

I stumbled across this post/site and it looks like a good place to start again, so why not?

Ok, so, hi! My name is Natalie. I'm a 17 year-old girl from Maine and I'm going to be a senior next year. (Very exciting!) I know I'm probably one of the younger ones here but I feel like there is nobody I can talk to about anything that I go through- the friends that I have are skinny and my family isn't overweight. (In fact, my sister is the "thin, pretty one" who gets ALL the attention from boys.) And life is not easy when you're a 300-lb teenager who lives in an extremely sheltered, shallow, small town; let alone raised in a society where "thin is beautiful" and "fat is ugly". Middle school was ****. So to make a long story short, I was the "fat loser" of my class whom was teased constantly.

I left after 8th grade and transferred to a female Catholic HS. (Yes: Nuns, plaid skirts, and all...) It was one of the best desicions I've made and I'm very happy there.

However, because of my middle school years, I've developed a very bad depression which only contributes to weight gain. *Sigh* I went on South Beach when I was 13 and went from 232 to 200 in a few weeks, so I want to go back on a similar plan because it worked so well. I went on WW when I was 11 (God, looking back..I was so young!) and that only lasted two weeks because I got so tired of not having enough points when I was hungry. And my very first diet expereince was when I was, yes, just nine years old, and I went on Atkins for about a week. (Ok, I guess my mom was worried because I was a 118lb 4th grader, who was under 5 ft tall.)

So I've gained 100lbs since Fall 2004 (a falling out with a best friend led back to my old ways...) and I'd really like to lose that and then some. My ultimate goal weight is 145, but at this point I'm happy to get back where I was as a freshman. My ultimate ULTIMATE goal is to go to my old school's senior prom looking absolutely FABULOUS, so it can be like a "Ha-ha, look at me now! I'm better than you!" Because underneath the extra pounds is a beautiful girl who deserves SO much better!

Sorry this is so long! This is the extreme-abridged version of my life story. Not very interesting, but hey, it felt good to vent! ;]
taliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I can completely understand how hard going through school was being the fat one. I got to live your dream of attending prom looking completely fabulous, though. But my weight loss was short lived and I'd done it for all the wrong reasons. I hope you can settle into a lifestyle change that will turn you into a lifetime maintainer! Never give up chica!

Welcome to 3fc!!!
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #3  
Losing it and loving it!!

S/C/G: 181/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Hey Hun,

I totally understand, Junior High and High School can definitely be rough. I too have been the fat one and it certainly isn't something I would wish upon anyone.

I am so glad you have found 3fc, there is such a wonderful support system around here. Congrats on starting your weight loss journey... I truly believe you can do it.
bee optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:30 AM   #4  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

Hi there Natalie, I am 19 and I'm about to start my second year of University, so I'm fairly near your age and if you ever want to talk just PM me

This is an awesome site and I am so glad I've found it! I'm sure you'll feel the same way. There is so much support and understanding.
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #5  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! I was also overweight in Junior High, and it was terrible. People were very cruel. My mom and I went on a Lean Cuisine and Slim Fast diet the summer between 6th and 7th grade, so I came back as the skinny chick It's funny how people's attitudes towards me changed so drastically *sigh*
Somewhere between 10th grade and now (I am 21) I managed to pack on 100 pounds. You are definately not alone, and we are all here to cheer you on
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

hi natalie! I'm Vienna and i'm 21. i know exactly where you're coming from. I was teased by quite a few people in high school. thankfully my friends didn't seem to care what i weighed but let me tell u, i never went after any boys because i thought i wasn't good enough for them (from what some of the others were saying) so if you need someone to talk to about it all, i'm here to listen. i've been there, and even though i left high school 4 years ago i can still remember being the "fat girl". like you, i'm here to change that. we can do this together good luck!
ladyofthevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:23 PM   #7  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

HI Natalie! Welcome to the site!
I am also in high school, and though there arent many of us, we have a thread and you are more than welcome to join us there. Here is the link to the new thread that i have just made
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...52#post1791652
feel free to introduce yourself there.
And this is the link to our old thread, if you ever want to read through and see who is on!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103217

I understand what you are talking about it your post. My sister is really petite (people always think im older because im so much bigger), and my mom was never bigger than a size four until she was pregnant. My mom loves to dote on my sister, when we go clothes shopping my mom doesnt like to pick stuff out for me, but will pick stuff up for my sister and is like "this would look really cute on you...what size do you need, a 4 or a 6?" I HATE it. grrr now im starting to vent
lol, but anyways. Im glad that you found us here. I hope you find the support and encouragement, (and sometimes just someone to listen to you vent) that you are looking for. THis site is so great because everyone understands the emotions that come along with being overweight. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do!
~HaiLeY~
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 272/187/145

Height: 5`8

Hi Natalie, I`m new to this site too but just wanted to say welcome. Can relate to your story. Because I`m so much older than you (sigh) I`d like to give you some advice....live your life and try to stop worrying about what anyone else thinks or says.Don`t think that if you were thinner everything would change.They would probably find something else they don`t like. They have the problem not you. Try to be healthy and happy and don`t sit around thinking you would do this or that if only you were thinner.Years will fly by.Do what you love to do now. I wish you all the best....Kym
kymandfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Welcome Natalie! I'm pretty new to the site as well and pretty close to your age, and I can completely understand the things you're going through. I hope this site and the ladies on it can help you on your journey!
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Natalie! This is such a terrific place and I'm sure you'll find an area you fit in just perfectly. You have such a good sense of humor and personality - it's easy to see you're a beautiful person from just your introduction!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote