Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-14-2007, 05:53 AM   #1  

Exclamation new girl from ireland

hey all how is everyone doing i am from ireland i am 31 5ft 4 and 13 stone would love some support with my weight loss so any tips will be greatly appricated i am really tired of being overweight my doc recons i have about 4 stone to loose so thats going to take a while look forwar to hearing from some of you xxx
skinnychickinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Hey skinnychickinside! Welcome and I hope you never stop believing in yourself! We all have days we fall off the wagon, but just jump back on and remember that you are important and being healthy is important! You can do this!!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #3  

Default nice welcome

why thank you aymster that was a very nice welcome i hope i dont find it too hard to keep it up i started four weeks ago and have lost 6lb so far that is good for me as i lose weight very very slowly but that must be a good thing if i manage to keep it off
skinnychickinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #4  
300+ Chick

Welcome! Good luck with your weight loss efforts! You can do it!! and always remember, there will be bumpy roads, but make sure you keep plugging along.. Giving up is not an option!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and welcome! I would love to visit Ireland! I was close enough to see it across the water but was not able to go there!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #6  

PERSONAL INFORMATION: Hello All. My name is Betty Hopper. I'm 50 years old.{Nov.8,1956}. I live in Russell Springs, Ky. An obscure little place no-one had ever heard of until Tara Connor (Miss U.S.A.) made national headlines with her scandalous behavior & subsequent press conference with Donald Trump. Then all the BS that followed with his and Rosie O'Donnell's trading insulting tirades. It then became rather well known, embarrasingly so, last year. But, for those of us that live here, was certainly NOT at all shocking behavior for a native of here-lolol!! Sorry - just thought I'd put that in. This town is so small, unlike others of you, who live places that actually have recognizable names. This is our ONLY claim to fame. ANYWAY, about me... I have been married to the most wonderful man I've ever known for 22 years. Was previously married & divorced as a child of 17. I have one son, Robb, 32, in the USAF, stationed in Salt Lake City, Utah. He just married last Dec. I have no grandchildren. I have also, a 32yo adopted daughter,Lisa. She lives with us. We run a bording home & have 5 residents. Gentlemen, who are mentally disabled. They are basically independent physically tho. They really only need someone to cook, clean & do laundry for them, as well as oversee their medications (come to think of it- with ONE exception - it's actually like having 5 more husbands!!) Our home is basically a duplex, up & down. The guys live on the floor level. They all have been with us for several years & r more like family, than borders. We live on a small farm, have 2 horses, several cats & 2 dogs. One of which stays inside. A beautiful blond cocker-spaniel. 4 1/2 y.o. His name is JoJo. And of course is my (our) baby!! As for hobbies, I don't really have any. I do watch TV (am a news freak) Current Events. And I do like to read. But rarely get a lot of time to do that. Lately, my spare time is spent exercising. I have found it is something I feel better when I do & I make it as enjoyable as I can by listening to radio (an oldies station). I ride a stationary bike & it is "Me Time" My mind is free to plan, dream and have quiet communication with God. Pray, as it were. So it is healthy for mind, body & soul.
DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: Height/Weight Statistics: I am 5'3 1/2" short! I weigh 181 lbs. (as of this morning)My heighest weight was 223 back last Oct. when I decided to change the way I eat - to healthy. I am a bit weird when it comes to food. I actually prefer to eat fish, veggies & good for ya stuff. If I had always eatten what I prefer- I would be slim & trim- but prob is 2-fold. I DO (obviously) like the good but "not-so-good-for ya" stuff & IT is cheaper. Having to buy the amount of food that we do for our borders our grocery bill is astronomical. So for years, rather than add to it by buying fish & the good fresh veggies I'd just eat what we cooked for them. They are NOT on weight control diets. They eat good country cooking- which is also, heavy on calories. Chicken & Dumplings, cornbread, meatloaf, bacon, eggs, hommade biscuit & sausage gravy- u get the picture. Food that "makes your tongue slap your brains out" (that's hillbilly for FANTASTIC but boy does it pack on the pounds!! Esp. if you are a 50 yo woman that has always fought weight & had a hysterectomy 15 years ago & has the metabolism of a SLUG!!
But I finally decided that I do work & earn the right to eat what I want & ought to eat. Besides, I AM 50 yo & I realized it was now or never. I chose now. The only good thing about my body is that I have a extra large - for my height, frame size. I can weigh 150-160 & no one would ever guess my weight at that. I can carry about 20lbs more than what weight charts say I should weigh. I AM truely grateful for that. But ideally I'd like to weight 140-145, I just don't know if I'll ever see those numbers again or not. But I am a realist. I am aiming for 150-155. I am now at 181. Am really struggling with a plateau I have been at for what seems like an eternity. But I did go to dr. last Wed. & to my surprise I was down 10lbs. (I go every 3 months) I have osteoperosis & a neurological disorder in my right arm called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.(A nerve in my arm thinks arm is injured-it is not.) But it has spells of swelling & an horriffic burning pain" Thank goodness it is pretty well controlled. Well it appears I have included info here that is supposed to be in the next section- but I am not gonna go back & redo it for the sake of formality. I'm just not that much of a "formality" kinda person-lol.
So, that is pretty much it. All that is signifigant about me. Well, all that I have time or space to write that is & certainly prob already more than anyone wants to read. I do want to say that I am already glad to have joined here. You all seem so nice, and have such positive things to say despite the probs we all deal with in life as well as with THIS struggle. I have enjoyed the reading about you & look forward to staying in touch with you in the future. This is something I should have done months ago. It is good to have friends on here that will encourage you thru rough times & celebrate with you in your successes. I am glad to meet you all.
muffin1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:33 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi and welcome! You've come to the right place for support and advice! Find a group you can run with and you'll be on your way to a new life!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote