Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-23-2007, 03:49 AM   #1  

Talking Hi, I'm new.

Hello everyone!! I stumbled upon this site tonight, and totally fell in love with it. So I joined. A little bit about me...

My name is Molly, I'm 20 years old (21 in October). I've been battling my weight since as far back as I can remember. I was always "chubby" but my weight didn't get too out of control until I hit junior high. By the time I was in high school, I was well on my way to the 200lb mark. I don't even remember the last time I was actually below 200lbs. I reach my highest weight by my high school graduation when I was 240lbs. Shortly thereafter I did pretty well on weight watchers and lost 35 pounds. Even after falling off the dieting bandwagon, I managed to keep it off pretty well, but in the last year, I've put nearly 30 pounds on again. I now weigh 228 pounds, and I think I've really reached a breaking point. I want to lose weight, once and for all. My ultimate goal weight is 110-120 (I think that would be about right, I'm 5 feet 2 inches tall). But we'll see... For right now, I'm gonna just take it one day at a time, and one pound at a time. My first "mini goal" as you can call it is to lose 30 pounds. At least then I could see what being under 200lbs looks like.

Well... Enough rambling from me.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

hello, welcome and good luck to you
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #3  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!!
I think your mini goal is great. That 200 pound mark is such a huge mental hurdle for so many people, me included. I just got below 200 lbs. last week for the first time in 9 years and it felt so amazing and so motivating! Good luck on your journey and make sure to keep coming here throughout, it's the best place in the world with some of the best people in the world!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:40 PM   #5  

Hellloooaaa.....good luck, you have definintely arrived at the right place!
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:44 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote