Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Hello! I'm new here!

My name is Kat and I am from Florida, hence the name. I am a student and I am majoring in Interior Design. I'm 25 years old and I have been overweight my whole life. I'm tired of it! I have tried exercising and eating right and that all goes well until I slip one day and just stop altogether. I read People magazine and other success stories about people who have lost a lot of weight with no special diets or surgeries. They say that the one thing that really helped them was finding an online forum to help get through this, so here I am.

I'm tired of always putting this off just another day, week, or month. I want to lose weight! I want to feel good about myself. I have no idea how much I weigh but if I would have to guess I would say around 250lbs and I am 5'9". My goal weight, regardless of what I actually do weigh now, would be 140-150lbs. I joined this forum so I could talk with others about this and find motivation. I rarely open up to people about my weight problem and I think I am usually in denial sometimes. I think I will find it easier to open up here and find the motivation I need.

Thanks!
Kat
JerseyInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Do you have a diet and exercise plan?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #3  

As of right now my exercise plan is just walking 2miles or I am going to try bike riding 3-4miles (everday if I can, either one of the two). I definitely have the time since all I do is go to school. After reading through these forums all day it really got me inspired. As far as my diet plan goes, well I don't have a strict one. I don't eat that often during the day. I'll have breakfast, a snack and dinner. My problem is portion sizes. At breakfast I usually have a bowl of cheerios, larger than it should be. For a snack, I could eat an entire bag of chips and for dinner I always find myself getting a second serving. If I could control the amount of food I eat at those times during the day and stay on my exercise plan, I know I can do this.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You need to make better food choices. Chips are not a good choice for trying to lose weight.Have you thought about counting calories, eating 3 well balanced meals?Any plan that you will follow is the best plan for you.I find that counting calories works for me.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #5  

Oh definitely. I know I need to make a lot of changes. But today is the day I am making changes and sticking to them. I am going to be working hard on better food choices, obviously, as well as my portions. I'm looking really forward to exploring this forum and what it has to offer and really get into it. I really think all of this will be a great motivation for me. I think all this time I just need to be around people who are attempting the same thing I am.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #6  
Waiting to make it small

S/C/G: 181/181/155

Height: 5'7

Thumbs up Hi Kat!

I am new today as well and I totally feel you.
I have gained weight since I got married last
year and I need some support. I hate being
overweight. I don't fit into any of my summer
clothes and shopping for them today was a major
wake up call. I don't want to be overweight. I
want to be able to wear whatever I want and
not just clothes that are slimming! Hope to
see you around. Good luck with your diet. what
kind of approach are you taking? I plan
on going to the gym and eating a lot of
fruit and vegetables and protein. I am going to
try to limit simple sugars.

Tall glass H20
oh ya, my name is also a reminder of my new water consumption goals,
I am going to drink a glass before every meal and
during workouts!
tallglassh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:19 AM   #7  

The biggest things for me is just to keep up with my exercising and watch my portion sizes and not give up. I don't feel like I eat that bad, to be honest. I eat fruit a lot, I eat salads all the time, and I stopped drinking soda over a year ago, all I drink now is bottled water. I just need to minimize my portion sizes and get off my butt!

Seriously, just talking openly about this makes me feel better and in a weird way I feel like I can come here to boost my confidence that I can do this.