Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #1  

Default Done with starting the diet tomorrow

Hello all. I have pretty much always been overweight. Since highschool, I had said that I would never hit 200 lbs. My weight for the past 5 years or so had stayed within 180-195, until very recently. I weighted myself a few weeks ago, and stared dumbfounded at the total of 203. Since then, after a lot of moping about (that ended up with a highest scale reading of 208), I have decided that I will not do this to myself any longer. My mother is overweight, and she recently started to have bad health problems because of it. It pains me to see her so, and scares me to think that that could be me in another 10 years.

I've tried dieting and exercising, but I tend to not stick to it for very long. Recently, I discovered a park with miles of walking trails not even 5 minutes away from my house. Imagine that. With something like that so close, I have no excuse now for not doing something about my weight. I decided to join because I have a hard time motivating myself to do things like this. I see a lack of instant results and reach for the nearest tub of ice cream. So here I am. Hopefully, the abundance of people here all trying to do the same thing will motivate me to archive my goal.
Keiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:21 PM   #2  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Welcome to 3fc Keiera I am sure that you will find the support and motivation that you need to kick start you into your weight loss journey.

There are many sections on the board and I am sure there is one that you will find the correct support that you need at this time.

I do not have the best will power in the world but I have found such comfort and advice that for once the weight is coming off slow but sure.

Good luck and welcome
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/163.5/120

Height: 5.1

Welcome to the 3FC's. I too have a lack of motivation, I always expect instant results also. I'm really praying that I can stick to it this time. You will find a lot of support here.
tooaud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #4  
Jillybean

S/C/G: 203/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Boy, your story sound aweful familiar. I also stayed just under the 200 mark for years. I fooled myself into believing that as long as I was under 200 lbs, it was still acceptable in some way. Then one day I stepped on the scale an it said 203. I was horrified! I have recently decided to get my weight under control. I wish you all the luck and if you need support, this is the place to find it.
jarwood150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 318/285.2/158

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the site. I too am fairly new here but not new to losing weight. It does creep up on you and you are so smart to start your healthy eating plan now. Good luck.
thenicegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarwood150 View Post
Boy, your story sound aweful familiar. I also stayed just under the 200 mark for years. I fooled myself into believing that as long as I was under 200 lbs, it was still acceptable in some way. Then one day I stepped on the scale an it said 203. I was horrified! I have recently decided to get my weight under control. I wish you all the luck and if you need support, this is the place to find it.

Isn't it amazing how we do that. It seems that no matter what weight I'm at it's okay unless I reach the next hump. I guess we're all human and have to be thankful for great support groups like this one.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:15 AM   #7  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

welcome!

Good luck with your journey, you can find lots of help and support here! Thats great you have a walking trail that is minutes from your house. I love to walk, one of my favorite things to do!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote