Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-30-2007, 05:57 AM   #1  

Default My Transformation into the Real Me...

Hey everyone! I must warn you all that I am not much of a writer, but I feel the need to share my journey with you. I have been overweight my entire life, basically being fat is all I know. I have been haunted most of my life by the following:, feeling ashamed, inadequate,unloved, disrespected, addicted to food, etc. I feel ashamed because of the way I look, inadequate because of what I've allowed myself to become, unloved because I dont love myself, disrespected because I feel when you're "fat", you are not takin seriously. I used to eat very large portions, such as, gallon of ice cream, dozen donuts, 2 liter pepsi, lots of bread products. McDonalds was my home away from home. Instead of spending my extra money on nice clothes and beauty products I'd spend it there. I am re- starting my weight loss journey on April 11th, 2007 at a starting weight of 388. My highest weight was 416lbs. I got down to 393 using the Atkins diet. Now on a similar but somewhat different diet plan I plan to lose 100 pounds by my 30th birthday (nov 13th) using a high protein, low fat , low calorie diet and of course PORTION CONTROL. I know you probably think Im crazy for trying to lose that much weight in so little time, right? Trust me, it can be done!!! Just look at a gastric bypass patients stats. I did some research on gastric bypass and came to the conclusion that the surgery is not for me. My thinking is, I didnt need any help putting all this weight on, so why should I need help taking it off? I feel that if I opted for the surgery I'd be taking the easy way out. Besides, the whole point in my journey is learning how to eat the right foods and control my portions. I cannot do that with the surgery "forcing" me to eat smaller portions because if u go over the calorie intake the doctor set for you, you will get sick. So, its not really me having control now is it? I'm gonna do this the hard way which includes alot of discipline. I've adapted the quote "eating to live, not living to eat". That is the old me. Food is not my friend. It is merely nutrition to keep the body functioning correctly and I am going to use it as such. I know my road to THINSVILLE will be tough, full of bumpy roads. In fact, im looking forward to the bumps. What really matters when you hit those bumps is what you do afterwards. Will you let that bump knock you down and keep you down? Or will you get back up and keep on fighting the good fight? Hopefully, Im gonna get back up!!! No, I WILL get back up. Im going to be 30 this year and its time for me to start enjoying life. I have to do this. Im tired of being held captive by my own body. By this time next year? April 11th, 2008? Im gonna be free! Free to live, free to be me, the REAL me. God bless everyone and I wish everyone continued success in their journey.

Janeen
Wayless09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:28 AM   #2  

For someone who says they aren't much of a writer, you are extremely articulate!!!

I wish you the best of luck and you are so committed, how could you fail??!!! It is all about the ups and downs, after all anything worth having comes with challenges and requires a lot of effort, or it wouldn't be so celebrated when it's achieved!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:44 AM   #3  

Thank you Shelby. Your kids are so cute!!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:46 AM   #4  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

I wish you the best of luck and I hope your motivation gets even higher and more powerful than it already is. You can do it as long as you don't give up... its your body... you need to look after it as should I. Once again good luck girly... you can do it.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:08 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Hello Wayless!
I'm also new to the boards, but from what I've seen so far its a great place for support. Good luck to you!
Reasonably Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hello Wayless!!!! Welcome to the site. I actually felt what I was reading when I read your post. You have lots of determination and you are a strong woman!!! Yes, you can do this and there are plenty of people here to support you on your new lifestyle. So hang in there and keep posting!!! This site has helped me tremendously and I have met so many nice people. Keep on going!!!! Take care -Paula
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:52 AM   #7  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Good luck!!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:58 AM   #8  

Thank you ladies, ur kind words mean so much to me. God Bless
Old 05-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #9  
eevey

S/C/G: 158/147/130

Height: 5 3

Default loss

you are right about gastric bypass i had it done 5 years ago. i lost 70 pounds went down to a size 7, but i have put on 30 pounds therefore it did not teach me how to control my diet. so here i am back on the weight loss road again.
eevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #10  

eevey, u can do it, just believe in yourself. Im not saying gastric bypass is a bad thing im just saying its much more gratifying losing the weight on your own. Good Luck with ur journey!
Old 05-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #11  
in need of change

S/C/G: 249/197/160

Height: 168 cm

hey janeen,
i'm new to this site as well and i just wanted to say that i admire your motivation and your goals, i really hope that you have continued success on your journey to a healthier and happier new you your post was extremely inspiring as i have been feeling the same way you've described and it's difficult to change - congratulations on what you've already accomplished - keep going, you can do it! Jen
jshirrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:08 AM   #12  

Well guys I just hit a speed bump!!!! I have been the same wt for over 2 weeks now and Im getting really frustrated! So yesterday, I had a few oreos and 2 slices of pizza. Man did I feel awful eating it, it was SO not worth it. So today, Im getting right back on track and Im gonna try not to weigh myself until next weekend, hopefully the scale will MOVE after my lil cheat. I read somewhere on the net, I wish I bookmarked it, that if you reach a plateau you should eat something "not acceptable" which in my case are HIGH carb foods, that you will trick your body into losing at a steady pace again. I did exacty that so lets see if it works. I've been stuck at 361.3 for 2 weeks, im hoping for 356 by next saturday. Im sorry if Im rambling on but my journey is gonna consist of good and bad days, and yesterday was a bad day. Feel free to comment and give any tips! I need all the help I can get! God Bless.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Janeen,
Congratulations on your decision. I'm totally behind you and you can do this! The one thing that helped me when the scale wouldn't move is...stubbornness! Yep, I'd look at the scale and say, "Okay, fat, I can wait you out!" I'd continue eating well and exercising and eventually that's exactly what happens.

Now, whether you want to start talking to the scale like me or not (grin), I think it's important to consider how you plan to handle the bumps. This will put you in control and be less vulnerable to backsliding.

Take care and keep posting!

Kylie
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote