Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #1  

Default lookin for some help...

hello my names raisa ive been looking at this website for ages, finally decided to post something! im 18 years old and have got a family wedding comin up i would love to lose weight for the occasion as everyone in my family is very slim! to be honest i have no idea how to go about losing it. i start of in the morning thinking yeh todays the day but by the aftanoon ive given in to cravings and then just think wats the point because ive already given up! i dont knw to to cook at all and lack motivation because in all honestly i am comfortable with my weight the problem my family isnt! i feel like i am being buillied althought i knw they think they're helping by calling me names! so i thought i might aswell to make them happy and because i have started to have back pain the doctor said it was due to the weight and i wouldnt mind being a bit healthier i just keep tinking ill start tomorow ive been doing that for years now. ive tried starvin myself it worked for a week but then gave up on that too! when starting a diet i knw wat foods to give up... the food with high fat calorie content, but i dnt knw wat food to start eating. and that is usually were i go wrong... could anyone help? any suggestions welcome!

ive been exploring this website and think its fantastic the amount of support shown to each other i look forward to hopefully becoming apart of that.
Raisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi RAISA . . .

You have definitely come to the right place for lots of support and encouragement. It is a very big site, so just have a good wander around and start posting wherever something catches your attention. You will always receive a great, big, welcoming wherever you decide to post.

As far as where to start and how to go about losing some weight . . . there are as many plans out there as you could possibly ask for. They will pretty much all work, just not for the same people . . . but if you really want to travel the long winding road to better health and fitness, chickie, there is definitely a way for you to do it. BUT . . . you've got to decide to do it for yourself . . . not for somebody else . . . and not just for a special occasion, either. You've got to make some true lifestyle changes.

Anyway, enough of my preaching . . . good luck to you, girl . . . hope to see you again really soon . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #3  

Height: 154 cm

hi dear,
It is great that you want to lose weight honey, but do it for your own self. Do it because you are young and you have a lots of things in life to do which need a healthy body. Life is more fun when u r slim, trust me dear.

About your family's comments: don't care about negative things people tell you. no matter whoever we are, and no matter how we look, we will always hear negative things from others. Don't let those affect you in any negative way.

As for advice, their are lots of books and websites to tell you what to eat. There are also programs like weightwatchers for help.
On the main page of 3fatchicks there is a link: food
you can fine recipes in there. If you still live with ur family, maybe u choose a recipe u like and ask ur mom to cook it for u.
If there is no one to cook for you I suggest you shop for vegetables and fruits.. and eat those all the time. learn how to make simple salads.. adding tuna canned in water for example, or low fat cheese... then move to other foods..
good luck
kalbouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #4  

thank you this is the best website ever ive been to other weight loss sites but nothin compares to this! thanks for your comments. yeh im trying to find the right diet theres soo many! but im feeling more and more motivated wohoo!
Raisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Raisa!

I'm trying to fit into a dress for my son's wedding, so I know what you're going through! I keep it in the front of my closet and try it on each week. I have more to lose, but I'm working on it!!

I lost my first 50 pounds by walking nd drinking water and eating more veggies and fiber. I also watched the fat in foods. I weigh myself every day to keep myself HONEST!

Good luck! Glad you LOVE the site! I do, too!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote