Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-31-2007, 12:28 AM   #1  

Default Brand new...don't really know what to do......

I'm needing to lose 75 pounds and just can't seem to get started.....
jonirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Hello jonirn, welcome to the boards. I am sure you will find something here that will suit you. Just cruz around and ask questions etc. There is always someone to support you.The people are great.I wish you well on your weight loss goals. Maryl
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi jonirn!

Welcome!

First, I want to say that you have found a FANTASTIC site here! There are some really amazing people here! Glad that you have found 3FC!!

When I started my weight loss journey I had A HUNDRED POUNDS to lose. Believe me, it seemed like an incredible amount of weight that I was asking my body to get rid of! I knew I didn't like the way I looked in pictures, and I KNEW that 275 pounds was too much weight to be carrying around even for one more day!

I like to do my own thing and do best coming up with my own plan, so I started reading all kinds of books on diets and weight loss. I checked the Internet for tips and tricks, too. I started a journal and recorded all my thoughts.

I began with a couple things to start with that seemed do-able. They were walking and drinking water. I also added watching fats and eliminating fast foods. Within a month I was noticing changes in my body. I had lost five pounds and even FELT lighter. I kept up the walking, the drinking water, the fat-watch for foods, and started eating more fiber. As I felt better I wanted to do more. Success breeds success!

At first you will have to be satisfied with small victories. Go to the NSVs (Non-Scale Victories) section in the 100 Pound Club division to see what I mean. Each small victory will help move you forward to more success.

It will come! Take the first step! We are all there with you on your journey!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hmm. I think everyone knows what has to be done-- eating better and exercising regularly-- but knowing and doing are very different things! I totally agree with both Cheryl and Maryl: look around, find ways that you can logically work into your lifestyle, and start of slow. If you're not comfortable spending time and money at a gym, just start walking/jogging around your neighborhood. When at the grocery store, look for lower fat items that still look good. 75 pounds may seem like a lot now, so it might help to break it down and just focus on losing 10 at a time. You can do it!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #5  
waist away

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi there,

I am joining today and have 25 pounds to lose. I don't know how to use the site very well! I have tried various diets before but I find that since I turned 40+ the weight does not want to go! Anyway, I will take small steps and this week my goal is to not eat after 8pm and walk 3 times this week for 30 mins each time. Did I mention I love ice cream and hate exercise!
waist away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #6  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

What works in my head is the "numbers" aspect of weight loss. Calories in vs. calories out. I figured up 1) calories to maintain at my current weight, and 2) calories needed to maintain at 200 lbs. So I am currently counting calories and staying under 2200/day. When I get to 200 lbs, I will reevaluate.

I think you just have to figure out a plan that works for you.
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote