Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi New Friends

I found this website in Oprah Mag this month and have been looking at it regularly for a couple of weeks. As I sit here tonight staring at what has become quite a "spare tire" of a belly, I have decided to jump in.

I am a 38 year old single female, with no children. I am just a few short courses from completing my nursing degree (the ultimate caregiver-for-everyone-else career). And this last week, for the first time in my life, I made a decision completely and solely based on my own needs (I will go in to that more over the coming weeks, as I am sure it will play a huge role in my weight loss efforts). A great feeling, which I am hoping I can carry over in to taking care of my own health.

My ability to motivate others is astounding, I just have not been able to give myself the same gift. I am hoping that by sharing my successes and failures in such a public forum will give me what I need to make it...finally.
tawnab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!
I'm not sure why but coming here regularly is incredibly motivating.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Because this forum is full of supportive people who struggle with the same thing every day.

Welcome! I have the same problem with motivating myself, but I can motivate others! It's the best thing to do something good for yourself because you WANT to.

Hope to get to know you!
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/221/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm new too. I wish I found this site a year ago! I have only been here for 2 days now and have felt so much love and support that I think I'm going to be addicted to it! I'm glad cuz myspace is so boring anymore! This is a much more positive place to spend time on. I got motivation finally in the worst way. Nevertheless, it's there now. I will make the most of it. I can't believe I actually downloaded a fat picture of me. That will give me motivation to lose it so I can replace the picture with a skinny-me! At least a lighter-me anyway. I'm here for ya!
goodnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/221/130

Height: 5'4"

Wait, my picture didn't work. I am not a computer geek. I guess I will go try to figure it out.
goodnow is offline   Reply With Quote